Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello i am as you probabably guesed i'm wondering if my system is compatable with 10.8.

Specs:

Intel i5 3570k
MSI Z77A-G45
Corsair Vengence 1600
MSI 660TI
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900
OCZ Vertex (for boot)
Seagate Baracuda 500g x3 (for other files)

Also how will OSX respond to the NTFS partions of my other 3 drives as i will also run windows on my second SSD.

Thanks

Your CPU and video card will work fine, as will the memory, SSD, and hard drives.

Dunno about your wireless network card. I would expect not.

OS X cannot read NTFS partitions natively, I don't think. There are third party solutions for that, though.

Your CPU and video card will work fine, as will the memory, SSD, and hard drives.

Dunno about your wireless network card. I would expect not.

OS X cannot read NTFS partitions natively, I don't think. There are third party solutions for that, though.

Your motherboard can be made to run OS X; you'll need to flash a patched BIOS to get everything working. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread.html for more information.

The wireless network card you have works OOB in Mac OS X; in fact, it's on the CustoMac Buyer's Guide recommended hardware list.

OS X can read NTFS natively, but cannot write to it. However, there is inexpensive 3rd party software from two companies, Tuxera and Paragon, that will enable writing to NTFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back