Radeon HD 7520g
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0) Kernel Panic

Hey guys, i am attempting to install OSX Snow Leopard on my ooold Dell Inspiron 600m laptop. It is 9 years old, from 2005. Yeah. 2005. I had nothing else to do with it and i thought this would be a fun project. So, ive gotten farther than i thought i would with this, a flawless install with a success message from OSX. there were a few errors ive gotten past by deleting some kexts from terminal. I started back up with my Iboot CD to my hackintosh partition, with the boot flags

GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v -f arch=i386 cpus=1 -x32 platform=X86PC

it loads code for a good amount of time then i reach this screen:
IMG_20140712_155748.jpg

I cant seem to figure out how to get past it, there are no errors like it online that ive found. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you guys!

Specs:
Intel Celeron m 360
1GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 32 MB
40GB Hitachi HDD

Attachments

• IMG_20140712_155748.jpg
    IMG_20140712_155748.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20140712_155748.jpg
    IMG_20140712_155748.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 217
mwanetka

O M G ... THat is an old computer...

Not sure if you can do it w that CPU the Laptop has ( OSX SL) but you could try to install OSX Leopard
which is 10.5

Also your best support for OSX on DELL hardware is here....

http://www.osxlatitude.com/

Dell in its infinite wisdom make a lot of changes to the BIOS code in their hardware components so as to protect their customers....things like not allowing you to set sata settings in the BIOS. Or removing options that other BIOS's have... but then if its "Dell its Swell"...

As to the error ... not sure but I always suggest turning off the initial power management that OSX wants to load.
Add this command to the startup string... acpi=off
and see what happens!!!

Yes, hahah it is an oldie! And as to 10.5, I will give that a shot. But first ill try that acpi=off flag. Ill check that website out, thanks for that link.

And yes, dell does restrict the bios quite a bit.. I didn't see any of the settings that should be changed in there!

I will try those things you mentioned and post some updates as to what happens. Thanks so much for your time!:)

UPDATE: So i tried the boot flag on 10.6

GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x -f acpi=off arch=i386 darkwake=0

The flag darkwake=0 was interesting.. Apparently this flag disables an advanced power management feature of OS X.

I tried it and..

I noticed it said it recognized the processor, which is different but good i suppose.
However, i'm still getting the same error/kernel panic.

I will try making an Osx 10.5.6 USB disk since its too big for a regular cd and install that.
Thanks for the suggestions!

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0) Kernel Panic

Ok, I downloaded 2 versions of OSX 10.5.6.. The regular image (7.5 GB, holy crap) and the single layer dvd image (4.3 GB). I don't have access to the real install disk or a dual layer dvd. And since the regular image takes so much space up, no idea why, i had to look for instructions for how to set a usb disk up on windows.

I wasn't quite able to find a decent set of instructions on how to set up a USB install drive on google. I tried but it didnt boot, it said "an operating system was not found, press any key to reboot". Do you have a link to instructions that has worked for other people setting up usb install disks on windows? Or do you know a way? It looks so simple on mac, i'm jealous :lol:

I burned the single layer image to a dvd with InfraRecorder, which seemed to work well, but now im getting this kernel panic after i try to boot from the dvd from iboot.

IMG_20140717_103621.jpg

Do you know a way around this? Or do you know a link to a new image? I have a feeling this image might have some kind of corruption..

mwantka

Looking over this screen its not clear to me as to where its stopping at.

Yes your download could be corrupt, as I don't think Apple released OS 10.5.7 as a Full release only as a upgrade, I could be wrong!

But in doing some research on the hardware your CPU is what Intel called "Dothan" and over at the OSXlatitude site it seems to not have any listing for this model of CPU.

As to the ATI 9000 gfx this also is somewhat of an issue and it appears to not have any support for advanced features for video. Do Google search on "ati mobility radeon 9000 hackintosh" see what you find.

As you are using an Inspiron and not a Latitude model of Dell; these models don't have as many main stream components as compared to Latitude and therefore are not the best for OSX IMHO.

I would spend some time on OSXLatitude to see what they have.

Also found a link here that has some support for 10.5.6 but this is for the D600 which is Latitude hardware... YMMV

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/214728-install-guide-ipc-1056-on-dell-latitude-d600/

this may work on your Inspiron.

We here at TMX86 do not support the older OSX versions such as 10.5.x) so our tools will not work and no support other that what has been said here - so your considered off the reservation so to speak.

Ok then this about covers what we can do I am closing this tread and good luck in your endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back