Contribute
Register

Dell XPS13 L322X Yosemite Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I have everything in my signature now.

System: Dell XPS13 L322X (Clover)
CPU: i7-3537U/QS77
Graphics: HD4000, 1920x1080

With a single computer, the information should be in your profile, not signature...

You will need ig-platform-id 0x01660004 (or 0x01660008 or 0x01660009). Refer to the Clover guide already linked.

Sounds like you forgot GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Do you have UEFI boot capability?

If you have UEFI: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html
l

I managed to get Yosemite installed. And am now at the post installation. Do I need to install
the kexts that I copied to the USB drive to the SSD? because it can only boot from the USB clover.
When I boot from the SSD I get the clover boot loader but when it starts booting Yosemite
it hangs on the apple logo.

I managed to get Yosemite installed. And am now at the post installation. Do I need to install
the kexts that I copied to the USB drive to the SSD? because it can only boot from the USB clover.
When I boot from the SSD I get the clover boot loader but when it starts booting Yosemite
it hangs on the apple logo.

Boot with flag "-v" and check where you are stucked?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    947.6 KB · Views: 219
I have attached a screenshot from the -v
output

Make this option "AsusAICPUPM=Yes" in your CLOVER's config.plist

Use a plist editor to perform this operation instead of trying with text editor.This option will be available under "KernelAndKextPatches" of your config.plist

I was indeed using the wrong config.plist.
I got Yosemite working in dual boot now
with Windows 8.1 and clover!

Now I need te start working on getting
all the hardware functional.

thanks for all the help!

How are you getting on? I've managed to install Yosemite on the L322x with everything working SpeedStep, Brightness, AppStore. Waiting for a replacement wireless card to arrive, if you need me to share my setup let me know.

Regards

How are you getting on? I've managed to install Yosemite on the L322x with everything working SpeedStep, Brightness, AppStore. Waiting for a replacement wireless card to arrive, if you need me to share my setup let me know.

Regards

I still need some adjustments and stuff, but got Wifi, Sound, Brightness, appstore, iMessage, Facetime.
So all basics are up and running. I replaced my Wifi with a Atheros AR5B95 (ar9285) which I also
used back when I installed ML on a Probook. I am planning to replace the wifi card with a Broadcom
BCM94360HMB model. Because I do not have any Bluetooth and the wifi speed could be faster.

I also used the VoodooHDA driver for sound (version 2.7.4.r63) this because I simply could not get
the native AppleHDA working. I tried for a couple of days but couldn't fix it.

Did you manage to get native AppleHDa working for the ALC275?

Edit :
Speedstep is also working :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back