Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello fellows,
I have a hackintosh on my Dell XPS 15 9570 with OpenCore 0.9.1 and Monterey 12.7.4 installed.
It is few days since I have a problem with the battery charging: it cannot go beyond 83%.

Just few notes about investigations I have done so far:
- the Optimised Battery Charging is OFF (it has always been ON, but I have never had this issue);
- by clicking the battery icon it shows: POWER SOURCE -> "Power Adapter, 3h 10m until fully charged" and the time is counting;
- the power adapter cord led is ON;
- the power adapter looks like working because if I discharge the battery to XX% and then reconnect the power adapter, it charges the battery, but until 83%;
- even with the computer powered off, I cannot fully charge: the Dell XPS has a front led which is switched on while charging and it switches off when fully charged. Well, the led does not switch off, even after many hours.
- in the BIOS the power adapter is being recognised, I cannot see any critical error or warning.
- in the BIOS the battery health is EXCELLENT. This is a replacement non-original battery. It is swapped two years ago. I have never had any issue like that.
- my OC settings are unchanged since... I don't remember, maybe 1 year or more?
- I have also Ventura installed and I can confirm this issue even on that OS.

I cannot understand which is issue. Do you have any clue?
I thought to fix by unchecking the "Optimised Battery Charging" as advised by many users, but it does not work unfortunately.

Thank you.

Hello,
this is definitely a battery issue.
I have swapped the battery with the original one and I can get a 100% recharge. This is confirmed by the side 5 led of the chassis.
So I guess to have lost at least a 1 cell out of 6.

Just for your information, the battery is from Green Cell and it has slightly more than 2 years of age.

Bye.

Back