Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15Z (L511Z) OS X Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to post and say I got it working on my laptop.

Running 10.7.3. Only thing I can't seem to get working properly is sleep mode. My screen comes back to life but neither my mouse or keyboard responds so either they are not coming to life or my screen is frozen. Not a real big deal but it would be nice.

dodgeme said:

Running 10.7.3. Only thing I can't seem to get working properly is sleep mode. My screen comes back to life but neither my mouse or keyboard responds so either they are not coming to life or my screen is frozen. Not a real big deal but it would be nice.

did you have the problem with glitches?

also what wireless card are you using? did you swap it out or is the Centrino Advanced N supported now?

Sinikal said:
dodgeme said:

also what wireless card are you using? did you swap it out or is the Centrino Advanced N supported now?

What glitches are you talking about. I have a few graphics quirks here and there but I installed that fan control app talked about in the one HP thread and they are very minimal now. I bought the dell DW1510 card as I wanted native wifi.

dodgeme said:
Sinikal said:
dodgeme said:

What glitches are you talking about. I have a few graphics quirks here and there but I installed that fan control app talked about in the one HP thread and they are very minimal now. I bought the dell DW1510 card as I wanted native wifi.

When I installed 10.7.0 -> 10.7.1 -> 10.7.2 I had these weired Graphics Glitches where things would get stuck on the screen and i fixed it by putting the screen to sleep and bringing it back. I also had an issue where everything just froze (Still do) Il about to wipe the whole HDD and start from scratch. Also are you able to boot without a flash drive? I could not get Chameleon/Chimera to boot and chain0 booting didnt work either. I noted that in Chimera 1.8 the nVidia 525m is now supported and seems to be supported in Mountain Lion by default. I would also like to know what DSDT you are using. Are you using Starfire-1's DSDT?

Well I have quite a weird partition structure but I ended up getting it to work with Chameleon one of the recent releases I believe. I am still using the Windows 7 bootloader though and load chameleon through there. For the DSDT when I used Starfires I got a black screen on my laptop display so I switched to the XPS 15 one from the thread on insanelymac which could explain why my sleep doesn't work correctly.

Hello all, for those with audio problems, install the voodoohda 2.7.2 package, and then replace the voodoohda.kext with the one attached. your mic will be working!

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    159.9 KB · Views: 96
Figured out another thing. Starfires DSDT does enable sleep mode for me however breaks quite a few other things such as my monitor in the laptop as well as Quartz graphics and my battery. However the DSDT found in this thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=257950

Fixes everything but breaks sleep mode. It will go to sleep but when it wakes it hangs on the screen and nothing works, although you can see the desktop.

anyone tried updating to 10.7.3? I have via software update and the system boots fine (make sure you delete applehda.kext if you're using voodoohda), but my graphics freeze and lag when I do mission control or move windows around. i've tried this fix:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 81#p342081

but to no avail. so far at least. anyone have any success?

*EDIT* problem fixed, I was editing the file incorrectly. Anyway, this fix will clear pretty much all the glitchy/freezing graphics problems! i still have an issue with application-specific dimming though that i mention on the next page.

Yeah I am running 10.7.3. Minimal graphics glitches with that XPS 15 DSDT from insanelymac. I also have intelcpupowermanagement working with speedstepper instead of nullcpu.

nice, can you forward me to where i can get those kexts, or post them here? perhaps those will somehow fix graphics. did you do any other steps to configure your graphics though? ie, do you have the graphicsenabler set to no in your boot.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back