Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15Z (L511Z) OS X Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinikal, if you have time could you post a simply tutorial I would really appreciate it?

I seem to have the same problem, I install retail 10.7, Combo 10.7.2 Update, and then when installing MultiBeast I get a an error (2 seconds after the installer completes, doesn't give me enough time to remove or add any kexts), have to powerdown and then my machine kernel panics on boot.

Have you come across this?

Sinikal said:
blueking said:
Sinikal said:
I now have Retail Lion Working 95% complete using UniBeast. Here is a Rundown of what currently works and what doesn't.

Sleep/Wake/Restart: Working
FaceTime/Webcam: Working
Battery in menu bar: Working
Keyboard & Mouse: Working (With Glitches)
Multitouch Gestures: Not Working
Audio: Working via VoodooHDA 2.7.2
HDMI Audio/Video/Display Port: Not Tested
Full Resolution with QE/CI: Working ( I believe to be )
-Via Starfire-1's DSDT for XPS 17
Bluetooth ( lost when i changed Wireless Cards (Centrino Wireless 6230 Not Working to Dell DW1510 Working))

Somethings Im still having problems with

BootLoader: Still unable to install this ( Chameleon or Chimera )
Freezes: Some minor freezing when interacting with the finder app, nothing major. Doesnt happen when running apps at full screen ( ex: browser )

As usual, Im sure DSDT edits would fix these issues (not the bootloader issue)
and also as usual, if anyone who knows how to do DSDT edits can help, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

I can attempt to help with DSDT. I can offer basic patches such as brightness and can at least give you the DSDT patches needed for DSDT. But you'll have to edit appleHDA.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext for HDMI audio.

Also, for gestures, there is no driver with support for more then two fingers for hackintosh for now. Just so you know.

Thats the thing, I cant even get the 2 finger scrolling working

I have attached the DSDT from Starfire incase you need it.

Thanks for the Help!

So I tried using this DSDT to get my XPS 15z up and running but upon getting Lion and chimera installed, I can't get past the kernel panic for Power Management, does this DSDT not fix that? Or is chimera not using the DSDT for some reason?

z_n154 said:
Sinikal said:
blueking said:
[-----="Sinikal"]I now have Retail Lion Working 95% complete using UniBeast. Here is a Rundown of what currently works and what doesn't.

Sleep/Wake/Restart: Working
FaceTime/Webcam: Working
Battery in menu bar: Working
Keyboard & Mouse: Working (With Glitches)
Multitouch Gestures: Not Working
Audio: Working via VoodooHDA 2.7.2
HDMI Audio/Video/Display Port: Not Tested
Full Resolution with QE/CI: Working ( I believe to be )
-Via Starfire-1's DSDT for XPS 17
Bluetooth ( lost when i changed Wireless Cards (Centrino Wireless 6230 Not Working to Dell DW1510 Working))

Somethings Im still having problems with

BootLoader: Still unable to install this ( Chameleon or Chimera )
Freezes: Some minor freezing when interacting with the finder app, nothing major. Doesnt happen when running apps at full screen ( ex: browser )

As usual, Im sure DSDT edits would fix these issues (not the bootloader issue)
and also as usual, if anyone who knows how to do DSDT edits can help, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

I can attempt to help with DSDT. I can offer basic patches such as brightness and can at least give you the DSDT patches needed for DSDT. But you'll have to edit appleHDA.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext for HDMI audio.

Also, for gestures, there is no driver with support for more then two fingers for hackintosh for now. Just so you know.[/---]

Thats the thing, I cant even get the 2 finger scrolling working

I have attached the DSDT from Starfire incase you need it.

Thanks for the Help!

So I tried using this DSDT to get my XPS 15z up and running but upon getting Lion and chimera installed, I can't get past the kernel panic for Power Management, does this DSDT not fix that? Or is chimera not using the DSDT for some reason?

boot with PCRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v
and also try the powermanagement kext attatched.

Attachments

• AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.rar
    135.2 KB · Views: 118
blueking said:

Also, for gestures, there is no driver with support for more then two fingers for hackintosh for now. Just so you know.

Hi blueking,

Can you show me how to patch the brightness on DSDT?

thanks

Keith

Sinikal said:
boot with PCRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v
and also try the powermanagement kext attatched.

Thanks! This actually fixed the kernel panic however I'm running into a problem after startup. Once I get through the verbose boot I end up on a dark faintly striped screen and can't get anywhere else. Maybe somethings wrong with the graphics? During boot I do get a mention of IntelHDGraphics.kext not loading, however I've had that before and it loaded. Pretty much this install is a new install, then I used UserDSDT, replaced the powermanagement kexts and now I run into this. Am I missing steps to get the xps up?

I don't think your custom DSDT.asml is being picked up, copy to both these locations:

/DSDT.asml
/Extra/DSDT.asml

waqs said:
I don't think your custom DSDT.asml is being picked up, copy to both these locations:

/DSDT.asml
/Extra/DSDT.asml

Also, in addition to this, DO NOT USE MULTIBEAST!

Using the Multibeast tool will result in a Constant Kernel Panic that cannot be recovered from. Im also searching for a way to use the Chimera/Chameleon. Current I use a flash drive.

Sinikal said:
waqs said:

/DSDT.asml
/Extra/DSDT.asml

Using the Multibeast tool will result in a Constant Kernel Panic that cannot be recovered from. Im also searching for a way to use the Chimera/Chameleon. Current I use a flash drive.

Okay, I tried moving it, and I see that when I boot "Using Custom DSDT" appears on the screen, so it looks like it picks it up. However now it just stays after DSMOS has arrived and no GUI comes up. I think this may be related to using multibeast if that has been causing problems for you, what did you do after a clean install to get it booting?

z_n154 said:
Sinikal said:
waqs said:

/DSDT.asml
/Extra/DSDT.asml

Okay, I tried moving it, and I see that when I boot "Using Custom DSDT" appears on the screen, so it looks like it picks it up. However now it just stays after DSMOS has arrived and no GUI comes up. I think this may be related to using multibeast if that has been causing problems for you, what did you do after a clean install to get it booting?

Did you use UniBeast to make the flashdrive?

No, I used an older method to make the install from the Lion App. It got it up and working to be used with NullCPU, but stopped when I installed again and tried to boot from DSDT. I haven't tried Unibeast yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back