Intel® HD Graphics 520
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Preface:
So let me start off by saying, my very first computer was a Sony Vaio laptop and that is also when I first tried creating a hackintosh PC. I was very young - about 13 or so and so I'm still very fairly new to hackintosh. After having owned a MBP mid-2012 for just about 3 years, I'm finally deciding on upgrading to the new Dell XPS 13' (2016, Skylake) laptop. The purpose of this thread is to create some form of exploration as time carries forth into the specifics of installing macOS Sierra 10.12 (public beta) onto the aforementioned machine. The machine is a very powerful ultrabook and is also fairly popular. I, for one, think that making a tutorial/guide for this specific machine would be a great idea. Since there are no other threads, I've decided to make one. I will both, be asking for help and posting my own findings/ successes and failures. Without further ado, let's get started!

Specifications: (just in case)
Processor: Intel Core i7-6500U 2.50GHz/3.10GHz
RAM/Storage: 8GB LPDDR3 1866 MHz/256GB SSD
Display: 13.3 in QHD+ LCD InfinityEdge touchscreen (3200 x 1800), 10-finger multi-touch support
Audio: Waves MaxxAudio
Video: Intel HD Graphics 520 with shared graphics memory

Log:
03:05 MST 15/07/16:
  • Currently following GUIDE for Clover USB installation, XPS Laptop Delivery expected Monday before 8pm MST.
  • Files backed up onto 1TB HDD from old Mac plus a recently installed partition of macOS Sierra (also on same external HDD, different partition)

Your Waves MaxxAudio won't work, and you will def have to tweek DVMT-prealloc to even attempt to get the display to work. Good luck with the multitouch. While macOS will support touchscreens, often times, the touch component requires a lot of work to get semi-functional. The RAM is rather limited, so we'll see how it goes. Instead of trying to test it aimlessly, I would follow the El Capitan guide and stick with El Capitan until someone knowledgeable updates the guide for Sierra.

Did your rig arrive in the meantime?

I'm expecting my 7370 till end of the month an plan to install El Capitan or Sierra...

Did your rig arrive in the meantime?

I'm expecting my 7370 till end of the month an plan to install El Capitan or Sierra...
It was a little late but it's here now. I'm currently getting the "++++++++++++++++++++" screen stuck upon using clover (basically I'm going no where) but I'm working on it. My biggest concern seems to be the wifi - the maxxwaves audio can be rebranded according to a ****** post I found, but I'll test it first and then post links

Update: I think I may need help from RehabMan... or anyone really who can figure out what clover settings I need.

I own a XPS 13 too, and it's a 9350 model with Intel i7 6560U (the latest mpdel, the GPU is Intel HD Graphics 540) without touchscreen.
I've done some hackintosh before but it was on my desktop machine, it seems way harder on a laptop, I will try installing kackintosh too recently.

So I got my 7370, but as the machine's are different I opened a specific thread for my Prob...

Even though I too am currently stuck at:
+++++++++++++++++++

So I got my 7370, but as the machine's are different I opened a specific thread for my Prob...

Even though I too am currently stuck at:

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Hi RehabMan,

I've opened a thread here, and attached some info's, will upload my zipped clover Dir in a Min...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back