CPU
i9 7900x
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, I need some help. I am trying to install macOS Catalina on my Dell XPS 13 9380, and I am having a few problems. I am using a guide on GitHub made by someone else, here is the link. Below is my EFI. Anyways, the first time while following the guide, I was able to boot into the installer, and successfully install macOS Catalina. Unfortunately, after a few reboots after installation, it presented me with this error.

AMF: No slide values are usable! Falling back to 0 with 0x0C5F5000 bytes!
ERROR allocating 0x1376e pages at 0x0000000005f00000
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot failed; will sleep for 10 seconds before exiting...

I remember seeing this error before after installation, but when I rebooted my laptop, it fixed the issue, and on next reboot, it gave me that same error, and now it will not even boot, and will hang on this. I have tried different installations, and EFIs, but they all hang on this error. I have tried to change my slide value to slide=0, slide=128, slide=255, and none worked, it just presented with a different kernel error. Also, I downgraded my BIOS to 1.8.0 (the version recommended in the guide), and I was still resented with the same error. Anyways, help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Edit: I was unsure if I needed to mention the specs of my Laptop, but just in case, here they are.

CPU: 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8565U Processor
Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620
RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 2133MHz.
Storage: 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
check releases page there is clover efi ...
Ok so when I tried the Clover build I got exactly the same error... I think I may need to somehow reset my slide values if that is possible. I will try and see if macOS Big Sur will boot.

Both installations did not boot, with the clover installation giving me the same error, and the OC build giving me a different error. I think I will stick to the clover build, and I am still not sure what is going on. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back