Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this guide to the T and get the PAM error also WITH it being connected to wifi and verified the internet is working. Even booting with intel inject - off in clover properties it stalls on the codesign and gives a HALT on the boot. The only way for me is to reinstall.

I install the wifi kext with kext installer if that makes any difference.

I followed this guide to the T and get the PAM error also WITH it being connected to wifi and verified the internet is working. Even booting with intel inject - off in clover properties it stalls on the codesign and gives a HALT on the boot. The only way for me is to reinstall.

I install the wifi kext with kext installer if that makes any difference.

I'm not sure what's wrong,
Try this, instead of copy and paste IOKit patch code from my post go to Frizinko's post #57 link on my step 2 copy and paste code from there. I install and reinstall at least 5 times using that code i didn't have any problem at all. If you still having that problem let me know I will upload my EFI folder that i'm using right now.

Sorry I forgot to mention that you need to have an internet access to run the second command it will download and install some file. Find a way to access EFI partition on the HDD and edit config.plist "graphics""intel" to "false" so you will be able to boot your HDD again. After you boot back on HDD then install wifi kext so you can access the internet you might have to reboot again for wifi to work. After your wifi is working then second command will work. Good luck....

Yep, I looked up the error online and seen mentions of a compiler, so thought Xcode or something similar might be needed, so installed the WiFi kext and on the 2nd command, it downloaded some stuff (compiler tools) and executed successfully

Just to confirm, when you execute these commands, the framebuffer kext from the kexts directory isn't installed and in clover config I have no Intel graphics injection set to true. Is this correct ?

I made a clone of the system before trying, so I can boot the clone and re-clone it back over the original to try again so I don't have to worry about re-installing every time.

Thanks

I'm not sure what's wrong,
Try this, instead of copy and paste IOKit patch code from my post go to Frizinko's post #57 link on my step 2 copy and paste code from there. I install and reinstall at least 5 times using that code i didn't have any problem at all. If you still having that problem let me know I will upload my EFI folder that i'm using right now.

Just tried again with the command from Frizinko's post and this time it worked...weird ! Anyway, on to the next part....

Thanks !!

Just tried again with the command from Frizinko's post and this time it worked...weird ! Anyway, on to the next part....

Thanks !!

Woot !!! Graphics now working fully :)

One thing to note, I had to install the AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext first, repair permissions then change Inject Intel to true in Clover and reboot for it to work. Kernel panic if the kext wasn't installed. You may want to update your guide to reflect this.

I can't thank you enough for the guide. OS X looks amazing on this laptop with the thin bezel, the new MacBook should have had a small bezel like this IMHO, an opportunity missed by Apple. Thanks again, you rock dude !

One thing to note, I had to install the AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext first, repair permissions then change Inject Intel to true in Clover and reboot for it to work. Kernel panic if the kext wasn't installed. You may want to update your guide to reflect this.

I can't thank you enough for the guide. OS X looks amazing on this laptop with the thin bezel, the new MacBook should have had a small bezel like this IMHO, an opportunity missed by Apple. Thanks again, you rock dude !

Hmmm... why are you installing a replacement AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext?

I'm glad it work out for you finally but be careful with Safari use Chrome instead. I'm not sure about frambuffer kext I don't remember I have to install it at all but for some reasons it's in my kexts folder. Like I said I'm a NOOB I've been tried so many combinations to make it work so maybe you need to install it and maybe you don't. Any way if you get Webcam, SDcard reader and other things working please share.

Hmmm... why are you installing a replacement AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext?

@RM, Thanks so much for your Guides and support on this Forum I've learn a lot from you.

I'm not sure about frambuffer kext for some reasons it's in my kexts folder that I've marked as kexts that I need but I don't remember installing it.

I have a question, My webcam is recognized by the system under USB as "Integrated_Webcam_HD" but none of the apps(Face time, Skype, Image Capture) see it. All apps said "No Camera". Any idea?

I'm not sure about frambuffer kext for some reasons it's in my kexts folder that I've marked as kexts that I need but I don't remember installing it.

You should be able to make it work with the vanilla framebuffer kext.

I have a question, My webcam is recognized by the system under USB as "Integrated_Webcam_HD" but none of the apps(Face time, Skype, Image Capture) see it. All apps said "No Camera". Any idea?

No idea without seeing the info in System Information for it.

Here is the screenshot:

Attachments

• Webcam.png
    Webcam.png
    386.6 KB · Views: 224
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back