Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameras that don't report a serial# are problematic. AFAIK, no known solution...

Thanks! it's not that important I can live without it.

Thats odd. My camera works and Im able to facetime video chat with it. Using the MacBook Air early 2015 SMbios

Thats odd. My camera works and Im able to facetime video chat with it. Using the MacBook Air early 2015 SMbios

Could you look at the picture on my post #110, is your webcam is same as mine? Thanks,

Any one have change there SMBIOS on yet on dell xps 13 because i have try everything to change the clover configure but it still showing<"Mac-189A3D4"> on ioservice please let me no any one he'd luck to change thanks in advance ...

Any one have change there SMBIOS on yet on dell xps 13 because i have try everything to change the clover configure but it still showing<"Mac-189A3D4"> on ioservice please let me no any one he'd luck to change thanks in advance ...

See post #2 in this FAQ forum:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/164292-smbios-broadwell.html

It works perfectly if you enter it exactly as posted, although you need to enter your actual serial number values in the portion of the serial number string that has "XXXXX" in it.

Could you look at the picture on my post #110, is your webcam is same as mine? Thanks,

Looks like they dont use the same webcam vendor. Mine is Realtek (Vendor ID 0x0bda) Product ID 0x5758

How is the battery runtime of Yosemite on the XPS 13 9343?

Depending on whether its worthwhile or not in the battery department I might give this a testrun myself later.

i change the serial like the way it stated on the post ..... but it still stay the same any one have any luck with it please let me no thanks other then that everything working except webcam and mini port ... and running good for few days with out no freeze but i have setup my own configuration for it and it very stable long as u don't use safari my laptop work good.. i am working on a guide after i get the smbio setup right then i will post the installation guide proper .. i try this couple of same laptop and they have diffrent issue for each so .. i think i narrowed it down .. please so any one could help it will be good ... thanks ...

ps.. i did not want to post the installation guide until i am happy with ..... it ....

I have a Dell XPS 13" 2015 with i7 and Intel HD 5500 UHD (3,200x1,800) touchscreen, and I have everything running fine, except for:

- Trackpad freezes every now and then. Often with Safari, and some System Preferences. Weirdly, it resumes working if I put to sleep and wake up again.
- No Webcam at all. In System Info I have no camera, and nothing under USB.
- No card reader
- No touchscreen

My system info is attached:

sysinfo.png
My CLOVER folder is: View attachment CLOVER.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back