Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know what an assertion is and as a EE have written my fair share of code, but what kind of issues could this cause using the patch vs the DVMT mod? The reason I ask is because another user bricked his XPS trying to change the pre-alloc so I am trying to avoid that as well...

Seems the audio issue crops up in both windows and mac. And it turns out other people have issues with the audio on this laptop according to a google search. Not sure what to do about this besides having dell replace/service the laptop.

Any idea about the bluetooth keyboard setup popup at every reboot?

Handoff/continuity are working, as well as sms messaging through messages, however not imessage yet or facetime (no webcam still anyways), which I assume has something to do with my SMBIOS not being set right as my model identifier still shows wrong and cpu is not correctly identified.

I do know what an assertion is and as a EE have written my fair share of code, but what kind of issues could this cause using the patch vs the DVMT mod? The reason I ask is because another user bricked his XPS trying to change the pre-alloc so I am trying to avoid that as well...

I think a brick is unlikely, but since we don't have source code to analyse, it is all just a guess.

More likely, patching is likely to cause memory corruption issues, which can lead to random crashes, which can cause serious problems.

Better to address the root problem and make DVMT-prealloc conform to what Yosemite wants.

Seems the audio issue crops up in both windows and mac. And it turns out other people have issues with the audio on this laptop according to a google search. Not sure what to do about this besides having dell replace/service the laptop.

Are you using patched AppleHDA?

Any idea about the bluetooth keyboard setup popup at every reboot?

SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced. Uncheck the boxes.

Handoff/continuity are working, as well as sms messaging through messages, however not imessage yet or facetime (no webcam still anyways), which I assume has something to do with my SMBIOS not being set right as my model identifier still shows wrong and cpu is not correctly identified.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Got sound working with VoodooHDA, not sure why but changed inject kexts from detect to yes and everything is working great now.

I was about to try the imessage fix just haven't gotten a chance. Will report back when I do

Hi guys,

i am a bit frustrated because my system won’t do the installation. Here is my way i've done it.

1. Read the hole Guide from RehabMan
  2. make my USB Stick (Clover UEFI, Legacy don’t work any way) with the Clover Bootloader and the OS X Partition
    1. For Clover UEFI, run the Clover Installer package:
      - select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
      - select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
      - check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
      - check "Bluemac" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
      - check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI
  3. downloaded the attachment from Tw1ser (Clover.zip)
  4. delete the EFI/Clover on my USB Stick
  5. extract the folder EFI/Clover/from Tw1ser (Clover.zip) and copy it on my USB Stick
  6. remove the config.plist
  7. copy „config_HD5000_5100_5200.plist“ from "https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clo...ive/master.zip"
  8. then renamed config_HD5000_5100_5200.plist in config.plist
  9. copy HFSPlus.efi in the folder /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI
  10. removed EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
  11. after booting in verbose mode the system hang up after a wile.
i take a picture for u maybe u see what i have done wrong
IMG_1394.jpg

Hi guys,

i am a bit frustrated because my system won’t do the installation. Here is my way i've done it.

1. Read the hole Guide from RehabMan
  2. make my USB Stick (Clover UEFI, Legacy don’t work any way) with the Clover Bootloader and the OS X Partition
    1. For Clover UEFI, run the Clover Installer package:
      - select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
      - select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
      - check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
      - check "Bluemac" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
      - check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI
  3. remove the config.plist
  4. copy „config_HD5000_5100_5200.plist“ from "https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clo...ive/master.zip"
  5. then renamed config_HD5000_5100_5200.plist in config.plist
  6. copy HFSPlus.efi in the folder /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI
  7. removed EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
  8. downloaded the attachment from Tw1ser (Clover.zip)
  9. delete the EFI/Clover on my USB Stick
  10. extract the folder EFI/Clover/from Tw1ser (Clover.zip) and copy it on my USB Stick
  11. after booting in verbose mode the system hang up after a wile.
i take a picture for u maybe u see what i have done wrong
View attachment 142411

Umm... why go through all the trouble to prepare your EFI as my guide suggests only to overwrite it with a different one?

because if i am do it by your way my clover don't boot. if i replace the attachment it boot. i don't no why

because if i am do it by your way my clover don't boot. if i replace the attachment it boot. i don't no why

Did you set DVMT-prealloc as required?

You should really read through this whole thread and find what everyone else has done to make it work.

I have followed most of the information provided in this thread and was able to get it working, as rehabman suggested, why would you try a different way when this way has been shown to work.

Rehabman, do you know why the system isn't reporting the model identifier as I have it set in SMBIOS via clover configurator? and why the cpu shows as unknown?

EDIT: Also if everyone is using the EFI folder then everyone here is basically using the same serial, which is NOT good for imessage. I have tried to follow the info on making the serial for the Broadwell SMBios but there is no info specific to the MacBookAir7,1 or 7,2 identifier, only for the MacbookPro. I have found bios version and board id for both MacBookAir7,1 and 7,2 but I feel like its the serial that is causing it to not report the model identifier correctly and possibly the cpu model also.

Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 1.38.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 1.39.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 1.49.38 PM.png

is this a bios setting?

All I can suggest to you is read this thread, as you can see on the last page, this question was answered.

You need to use an EFI shell to change this.

UPDATE:

Got imessage working perfectly with a simple fix. Change the serial number from the one that Fritz used in his efi folder. What I changed was the five digits in the middle after the first 3 and before the last 4. I used a random combo of letters and numbers and checked on https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do to make sure that it doesn't show up in their records.

Then follow this guide https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

After a reboot I signed back into iCloud and iMessage and both are working flawlessly. Now if only I could get this webcam to work then I could use facetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back