Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 13 5th Generation Setup 9343 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I have exactly the same issue as him... :beachball:

System: Dell XPS 13 (2015) 9343 (Clover)
CPU: i7-5500U/don't yet have windows to check chipset
Graphics: HD5500, (3200x1800 Touch)
RAM: 8gb
SSD: 256gb

Chipset is 9-series. The request was to place the information in your profile, not the body of a reply.

So here is what I did,

I followed the guide on page 10 and I was able to do everything up until I installed Clover with additional options mentioned in the guide and it created EFI partition. In that EFI partition I deleted the EFI folder and replaced it with the one from USB. I didn't install any extra kexts yet then as it said in the guide I rebooted my computer without the USB and booted from Clover on my SSD. OS X Booted and then I had to input the password and after doing that it just gets stuck on account/profile loading screen.

EDIT: 30 minutes after on the loading screen it actually booted from Clover USB, but it took a pretty long time... I'll try to install clover no SSD again and then replace CLOVER folder from someone else who posted it in here earlier

EDIT 2: Tried booting from SSD after replacing CLOVER folder, it got stuck within lines concerning GPU, I then disabled Intel injection and now I'm again stuck at the booting screen. I attached the Clover folder in .zip View attachment 142149 . I also want to mention how slow/laggy the system is, but I'm thinking it's because I haven't configured the graphic driver yet but still.

Argh I need some help with it, spent the entire day working with it today.

Did you change DVMT-prealloc setting in BIOS?

Your Clover/kexts/Other has issues:
- you cannot place patched kexts such as AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext (and you don't need a patched kext anyway)
- use FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext instead of brcm4352.kext
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext may not be built for Yosemite (and should be avoided anyway)
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext is extremely old

Use config.plist linked from the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Avoid the patch for BDWGraphics. You don't need it with proper DVMT-prealloc setting.

Setting DVMT-prealloc is not optional and should one of the first things you do.

Hello,

i have the same dell XPS13 but when i try to start from USB i get "Invalid Partition Table!". Can one of u post all Bios Settings i have to check?

Hello,

i have the same dell XPS13 but when i try to start from USB i get "Invalid Partion Table". Can one of u post all Bios Settings i have to check?

Make sure you created the USB correctly.

Make sure you created the USB correctly.

i format the stick in one portion Fat32 200MB and the rest 7,45GB OS X Part. After that i start the Clover installer v2_3 r3241 and choose the stick. Then
Run the Clover Installer package:
- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "Bluemac" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI

So what is my mistake?

i format the stick in one portion Fat32 200MB and the rest 7,45GB OS X Part. After that i start the Clover installer v2_3 r3241 and choose the stick. Then
Run the Clover Installer package:
- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "Bluemac" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI

So what is my mistake?

Your error has to do with 'partition table', yet you neglect to mention what kind of partitioning you used...

Is the stick partitioned MBR or GPT?

If you used GPT, only one partition should be created (EFI partition is automatic/hidden).

If you used MBR, two partitions should be created (separate EFI/OSX).

Creating a GPT with two partitions (+ automatic EFI) is probably a bad idea.

Your error has to do with 'partition table', yet you neglect to mention what kind of partitioning you used...

Is the stick partitioned MBR or GPT?

oh sry i found my mistake i have formatted the stick as fat not fat32. now it starts and i hope i can do some more steps until OS X is installed. thanks a lot :)

oh sry i found my mistake i have formatted the stick as fat not fat32. now it starts and i hope i can do some more steps until OS X is installed. thanks a lot :)

Hmm... Disk Utility doesn't have a FAT option. It's MS-DOS (FAT) is actually FAT32.

Hmm... Disk Utility doesn't have a FAT option. It's MS-DOS (FAT) is actually FAT32.

i plugged the stick formatted with disk utility in a windows machine and saw Fat16. then i format once again as fat32 method.

i plugged the stick formatted with disk utility in a windows machine and saw Fat16. then i format once again as fat32 method.

Hmm... interesting.

Actually, according to UEFI spec, either FAT or FAT32 should work.

For modern computers, it is probably best to use GPT and create only a single partition (Clover goes to automatic EFI partition).

so its late and i give up for today. after the clover loader starts the "install_ox" i get after a few minutes a symbol and after that the system stops working. i think there is one more things wrong setup in my bios. maybe Tw1ser or killer1loop can post there Bios config. i try to found the bios setting
- "VT-d" (virtua
lization for directed i/o) should be disabled if possible (the config.plist includes dart=0 in case you can't do this) --> i turned off!
- "DEP" (data execution prevention) should be enabled for OS X --> i can't find !
- "secure boot " should be disabled --> is turned of
- "legacy boot" optional --> i can't found
- "CSM" (compatibility support module) enabled or disabled (varies)
--> i can't found
- "boot from USB" or "boot from external" enabled --> it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back