Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 (9Q33) OS X Mavericks Instillation

Status
Not open for further replies.
*UPDATE 2013-12-10*

After messing around and following some tips from this thread I have a functional system. I will update with the links i used to download stuff to get it working soon. I just wanted to give a quick update before leaving the house today.

Donradii,

Can you provide links and simple steps (such as options checked in MultiBeast) to get your XPS running Mavericks properly? I still have to boot with "-x" to get to the desktop, and the built-in keyboard and trackpad do not work. I have to plug in USB keyboard and mouse.

-- Dan --

Donradii,

Can you provide links and simple steps (such as options checked in MultiBeast) to get your XPS running Mavericks properly? I still have to boot with "-x" to get to the desktop, and the built-in keyboard and trackpad do not work. I have to plug in USB keyboard and mouse.

-- Dan --

What happens when you boot without -x? Boot verbose (-v) and post photo of the screen that results...

Also...

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Donradii,

How did you get graphics acceleration working? I am loading my 9Q23 with Chimera, and I have tried using the IntelCapriFB flags 0-15, but all result in a black screen with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Edit: Never mind. Discovered I needed to use the PCIRoot=1 fix to allow GE to work.

Donradii,

How did you get graphics acceleration working? I am loading my 9Q23 with Chimera, and I have tried using the IntelCapriFB flags 0-15, but all result in a black screen with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Edit: Never mind. Discovered I needed to use the PCIRoot=1 fix to allow GE to work.

IntelCapriFB is only effective with Chameleon. Chimera uses different flags for the same purpose (IGPEnabler/IGPlatformID).

That explains why I cannot achieve acceleration.

So should I be using this format?

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0166xxxx</string>

That explains why I cannot achieve acceleration.

So should I be using this format?

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0166xxxx</string>

Yes, assuming IGPEnabler or GraphicsEnabler is set to Yes.

If you have high resolution display (1600x900 or greater), use 01660004 (or sometimes 01660009)
If you have low resolution (1366x768) display, use 01660003

Thanks for your help. 0008 seems to work best for my 1920x1080 display.

Thanks for your help. 0008 seems to work best for my 1920x1080 display.

Interesting...

BTW, you should really update your profile. Profile is showing HD4400, yet you're using HD4000 flags...

Is there any solution on the XPS12-9Q23 miniDP output to HDMI/DP?

Donradii,

-- Dan --

Till now, are your built-in keyboard and trackpad working properly? I using the attached kext. With this, the cypress trackpad is recognised as a mouse and sometimes the kext would crash.
View attachment XPS12-9Q23 ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back