Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 (9Q33) OS X Mavericks Instillation

Status
Not open for further replies.
After messing around and following some tips from this thread I have a functional system. I will update with the links i used to download stuff to get it working soon. I just wanted to give a quick update before leaving the house today.

Thanks donradii!

Very interested on the links and tricks! How did you managed to enable QI/CE on the HD4400?

Thanks donradii!

Very interested on the links and tricks! How did you managed to enable QI/CE on the HD4400?

From Chameleon bootloader I used flags IntelAzulFB=12 with Graphics Enabler=yes and that got my HD4400 working perfectly. If it works, you can permanently edit your org.chameleon.boot.plist with textedit and type
Code:
 <key>IntelAzulFB</key>
     <string>12</string>

This would allow you to boot automatically into the laptop without having to manually type in "IntelAzulFB=12" each time you want to boot. Hopefully this helps.

Working on the guide now. Have been reinstalling following my guide to make sure i don't make any mistakes anywhere. Should hopefully have it out by the end of the week.

is there a way to have app store run without a builtin ethernet.
my vaio (XPS 12 too) has only intel 7260 wlan and there are no drivers for osx.
for internet i use usb wlan and apple-usb Ethernet adapter.
the 7260 is ngff aka M.2 mPCIe - found no replacement card with apple driver kompatibility
maybe one could declare the intel wifi card as an airport via DSDT or fake null-ethernet kext?
does anyone has a suggestion

FYI...

I created a NullEthernet.kext and reports are it works for enabling Mac App Store...

See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet

As an FYI, I have an XPS 12 (9Q33) as well and that Null Ethernet driver worked perfectly for me to access the Apple Store. Thanks so much for that!

Hey cool... thanks for the confirmation.

FYI...

I created a NullEthernet.kext and reports are it works for enabling Mac App Store...

See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet

After removing of all ethernet devices in systemconfiguration/network and deletion of the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist (so your NullEthernet is en0: ) it works - thank you very much.
Also iCloud and iMessage is working !

yes pm works, DCPI Manager gives me:

P States: 8, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 87

i do not have a SSDT.aml because ssdtPRGEN.sh gives me a Processor label not found...
for my i7-4500U CPU.

the only thing what is not working is the GUI restart when i call "about this mac"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back