Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 (9Q33) OS X Mavericks Instillation

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I find out my audio codec id? and what trackpad i have?

Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'

As for trackpad, there are usually clues in DSDT (not always) or you can check in Windows Device Manager.

i found this on my sony in windows device manager:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_9C20&VEN_10EC&DEV_0286&REV_1000

so it should be a realtek ALC286
does any driver for this device exist? or is any of the alc8xx kompatible with only 2channels

i found this on my sony in windows device manager:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_9C20&VEN_10EC&DEV_0286&REV_1000

so it should be a realtek ALC286

Yes.

does any driver for this device exist? or is any of the alc8xx kompatible with only 2channels

You will have to search.

is there a way to have app store run without a builtin ethernet.
my vaio (XPS 12 too) has only intel 7260 wlan and there are no drivers for osx.
for internet i use usb wlan and apple-usb Ethernet adapter.
the 7260 is ngff aka M.2 mPCIe - found no replacement card with apple driver kompatibility
maybe one could declare the intel wifi card as an airport via DSDT or fake null-ethernet kext?
does anyone has a suggestion

I am trying to make a DSDT to fix the battery status. When i try to compile the unmodified DSDT I get errors and I am unsure how to fix them. Here is my original DSDT, can anyone help me with the errors so i can begin working on patching it?

Thank you.

View attachment xps12.dsl.zip

is there a way to have app store run without a builtin ethernet.
my vaio (XPS 12 too) has only intel 7260 wlan and there are no drivers for osx.
for internet i use usb wlan and apple-usb Ethernet adapter.
the 7260 is ngff aka M.2 mPCIe - found no replacement card with apple driver kompatibility
maybe one could declare the intel wifi card as an airport via DSDT or fake null-ethernet kext?
does anyone has a suggestion

The only way is with a working Ethernet driver or working AirPort (eg. replace your built in card with one compatible with OS X).

I don't know of an existing NullEthernet driver, although that might work.

I am trying to make a DSDT to fix the battery status. When i try to compile the unmodified DSDT I get errors and I am unsure how to fix them. Here is my original DSDT, can anyone help me with the errors so i can begin working on patching it?

Thank you.

View attachment 76424

Apply these patches:
Code:
into_all method code_regex If\s\(CondRefOf\s\(\\_SB\.PCI0\..*.PS\dX\)\)[^\}]*\} remove_matched;
into method label ADBG replace_content begin // nothing end;

Apply these patches:
Code:
into_all method code_regex If\s\(CondRefOf\s\(\\_SB\.PCI0\..*.PS\dX\)\)[^\}]*\} remove_matched;
into method label ADBG replace_content begin // nothing end;

Thank you sir.

Thank you sir.

You'll find out later if you need those calls or not... But normally we DropSSDT and so they are not there anyway and would fail the CondRefOf.

If you need them, you would need to DropSSDT=No (or include the SSDTs in /Extra so they load) and put the calls back in, one you figure out what they were supposed to be.

Or you can disassemble them manually with iasl, specifying all the SSDTs... eg:
Code:
iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d dsdt.aml

You'll find out later if you need those calls or not... But normally we DropSSDT and so they are not there anyway and would fail the CondRefOf.

If you need them, you would need to DropSSDT=No (or include the SSDTs in /Extra so they load) and put the calls back in, one you figure out what they were supposed to be.

Or you can disassemble them manually with iasl, specifying all the SSDTs... eg:
Code:
iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d dsdt.aml

When I compile making my first replacement I get no errors like they guide says I would probably get for the fields being called later in the file. Is this normal?

Also, what instructions do I use for 24-bit field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back