Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 9Q23: Yosemite 10.10 Almost Working (Clover Install)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is DVMT-prealloc set to? Did you try 0x01660004 without the 64mb patch?
Oh here could be the problem.
Windows 10 shows 32Mb of dedicated memory and 0 system video memory. I'll be investigating the patches.

What is DVMT-prealloc set to? Did you try 0x01660004 without the 64mb patch?
Also, did you try injecting EDID?
Did more investigation, but the problem still persists.
DVMT-prealloc seems to be 64Mb since Windows reports 32Mb dedicated memory (DVMT-prealloc = dedicated memory +32Mb, according to other report).
Tried 0x01660004 and 0x01660008 without the 64Mb patch. No change for the problem.
Used InjectEDID=true and still having problem of hang or black screen or reboot.
Tried custom EDID data and no change for the problem. Custom EDID data were extracted from the laptop screen.

Did more investigation, but the problem still persists.
DVMT-prealloc seems to be 64Mb since Windows reports 32Mb dedicated memory (DVMT-prealloc = dedicated memory +32Mb, according to other report).
Tried 0x01660004 and 0x01660008 without the 64Mb patch. No change for the problem.
Used InjectEDID=true and still having problem of hang or black screen or reboot.
Tried custom EDID data and no change for the problem. Custom EDID data were extracted from the laptop screen.

Keep in mind Win10 (and probably Win8) reporting of dedicated memory is not even loosely related to DVMT-prealloc.
No idea when you don't provide files that represent your attempts.

--

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

--

Use an external monitor or remote desktop if needed.

Keep in mind Win10 (and probably Win8) reporting of dedicated memory is not even loosely related to DVMT-prealloc.
No idea when you don't provide files that represent your attempts.

--

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

--

Use an external monitor or remote desktop if needed.
Files attached.
1. Inject_Intel_false.zip: boot ok without inject intel graphics. Output1 shows terminal output. Clover folder and ioreg included.
2. Inject_Intel_true.zip: boot ok with 0x01660003 but only external monitor works. HD4000 is active with 1536Mb memory. Output2 shows terminal output. ioreg included. Same Clover folder with changes in config.plist file; 0x01660003 instead of 0x01660004.

With inject intel true and ig platform 0x01660004, InjectEDID=true resulted in reboot and InjectEDID=false made system hang.

Your help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Injec_Intel_true.zip
    488.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Inject_Intel_false.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
With inject intel true and ig platform 0x01660004, InjectEDID=true resulted in reboot and InjectEDID=false made system hang.

Attach EFI/Clover as ZIP (omit themes).

Thats very peculiar, I noticed that sometimes if I restart my computer and select the Mac OS again, it does hang after 3/4 of the apple loading bar. I then hard power off when I recognize it, power back on, then boots up fine. I don't know the reason why it hangs sometime (Screen is blank but on, backlight works when typing on a letter, when it doesn't boot)

I did extract EDID from Windows and tried many times with CustomEDID in graphics section, but it did not make difference.

It does not show in any files you provided thus far.

I did not implement backlight control. Does it impact booting?

If your screen is changing to black, lack of properly implemented backlight control might explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back