Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 9Q23: Yosemite 10.10 Almost Working (Clover Install)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for your help! is there anyway you can help me with the trackpad?its only do clicking not tapping?

Hey, as per previous long post, I can't get the trackpad to tap or scroll, so I'm using the touchscreen or a magic mouse

Thanks lordwill0722 for sharing the efi folder.

I still have problems with getting graphics to work on Sierra (10.12 or 10.12.1, and same problem on El capitan). My laptop is exact the same as that of lordwill0722, but ssd is 256gb instead of 128, and wifi card is supported dw1510. The system boots ok without inject of Intel graphics, but always has problems with inject, either black screen, rebooting or hanging, depending on values of ig platforms or with/without custom EDID. Please take a look screenshots with and without graphics inject.

When booting hangs with graphics inject, it cannot reach to the line "NTFS driver 3.13...".

I am using lorwill0722's files in efi folder. In config.plist file, I striped out lines with wifi driver, hdmi audio and ssd fixes. It does not make any differences with or without these lines.

Is it absolutely necessary to do DSDT/SSDT editing to get graphics working?

Thank you for your help.

UPDATE: ig platform id 0x01660003 makes graphics working with an external monitor (I connected to a TV for testing).

Hey Culengxyz / Yves32 - here's the folder - Hope it helps

Attachments

• without_graphics.jpg
    without_graphics.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 124
  • with_graphics.jpg
    with_graphics.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Thanks lordwill0722 for sharing the efi folder.

I still have problems with getting graphics to work on Sierra (10.12 or 10.12.1, and same problem on El capitan). My laptop is exact the same as that of lordwill0722, but ssd is 256gb instead of 128, and wifi card is supported dw1510. The system boots ok without inject of Intel graphics, but always has problems with inject, either black screen, rebooting or hanging, depending on values of ig platforms or with/without custom EDID. Please take a look screenshots with and without graphics inject.

When booting hangs with graphics inject, it cannot reach to the line "NTFS driver 3.13...".

I am using lorwill0722's files in efi folder. In config.plist file, I striped out lines with wifi driver, hdmi audio and ssd fixes. It does not make any differences with or without these lines.

Is it absolutely necessary to do DSDT/SSDT editing to get graphics working?

Thank you for your help.

UPDATE: ig platform id 0x01660003 makes graphics working with an external monitor (I connected to a TV for testing).

ig-platform-id 0x01660003 is definitely not valid for the hardware in your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

If the graphics are the same as mine, intel 4000, then in my config was the right number. Ended with 8 for the 1600x900 or higher

I noticed that if I open my config file with clover configuator, it changes my graphics and changed injectEDID to nvidia something, so I then had to open plist pro app (after saving my changes) to take out the nvidia and add back my injectEDId of the 8, plus inject intel = true.

Hope that helps somewhere, hopefully you have the same video card...

I'm on this thread a lot so I can help if needed

ig-platform-id 0x01660003 is definitely not valid for the hardware in your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Updated my profile.

I knew that 0x01660003 was not for my laptop. I used it just for testing with an external monitor, as you suggested in another thread for the same issue. Basically the test showed other sections in config.plist and kexts files are correct and my system graphics settings are working (with 0x0166003). But I failed to understand why 0x01660008 or 0x0166004 made the system hanging.

If the graphics are the same as mine, intel 4000, then in my config was the right number. Ended with 8 for the 1600x900 or higher

I noticed that if I open my config file with clover configuator, it changes my graphics and changed injectEDID to nvidia something, so I then had to open plist pro app (after saving my changes) to take out the nvidia and add back my injectEDId of the 8, plus inject intel = true.

Hope that helps somewhere, hopefully you have the same video card...

I'm on this thread a lot so I can help if needed

I use only Text editor to edit all plist files and can see clearly what parameters used in each test configuration. Also noticed that Clover versions make huge differences in booting.

Updated my profile.

I knew that 0x01660003 was not for my laptop. I used it just for testing with an external monitor, as you suggested in another thread for the same issue. Basically the test showed other sections in config.plist and kexts files are correct and my system graphics settings are working (with 0x0166003). But I failed to understand why 0x01660008 or 0x0166004 made the system hanging.

0x0166004 is invalid (perhaps you meant 0x01660004). 0x0166004 would not cause a hang, but would cause the graphics drivers to be disabled.

What is are the details "hanging" issue you refer to?

Typically, 0x01660004 is used for 1600x900 or 1920x1080p. With patches for HDMI/DP ports.

I use only Text editor to edit all plist files

You should use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEditPro.

Next step would be to check BIOS settings with booting maybe? I can share mine, see if theres a difference? I have legacy turned on as I read somewhere it fixes the glitches on startup - Pictures provided of my bios - I had to update my bios as well when first starting this project

Attachments

• IMG_3969.JPG
    IMG_3969.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3970.JPG
    IMG_3970.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3971.JPG
    IMG_3971.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_3972.JPG
    IMG_3972.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 151
0x0166004 is invalid (perhaps you meant 0x01660004). 0x0166004 would not cause a hang, but would cause the graphics drivers to be disabled.

What is are the details "hanging" issue you refer to?

Typically, 0x01660004 is used for 1600x900 or 1920x1080p. With patches for HDMI/DP ports.

You should use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEditPro.

I was trying 0x01660004, not 0x0166004. Sorry for the typo.
With 0x01660003, I got a black screen, but the Desktop screen went to external monitor as expected. HD4000 is detected and active.
With 0x01660004, I also got black screen, the same as 0x01660003, but no Desktop screen anywhere.
With 0x01660008, boot progress stops ("hanging") as shown in the picture 2 of post#22.

I was trying 0x01660004, not 0x0166004. Sorry for the typo.
With 0x01660003, I got a black screen, but the Desktop screen went to external monitor as expected. HD4000 is detected and active.
With 0x01660004, I also got black screen, the same as 0x01660003, but no Desktop screen anywhere.
With 0x01660008, boot progress stops ("hanging") as shown in the picture 2 of post#22.

What is DVMT-prealloc set to? Did you try 0x01660004 without the 64mb patch?
Also, did you try injecting EDID?

Last edited:
Next step would be to check BIOS settings with booting maybe? I can share mine, see if theres a difference? I have legacy turned on as I read somewhere it fixes the glitches on startup - Pictures provided of my bios - I had to update my bios as well when first starting this project
Thanks for sharing the Bios settings.
For my Bios settings, I loaded default settings and turned off Intel Visualization and Security boot. They were slightly different from yours. Yours have SpeedStep disabled and TPM security enabled. I tried your settings but they did not make difference in booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back