Contribute
Register

[Dell Vostro 3558]Mojave 10.14.1 Realtek ALC 255 No audio/Synaptics I2C Touchpad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 16.06.51.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 16.06.51.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 73
Thanks everyone for you help.
What worked for me.

1. Realtek ALC 255 - AppleALC/Lilu in L/E and injecting layouts-id=7 and alc-layout-id=3 under Device/Properties
2. Synaptics Trackpad - ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext in L/E (Voodoo works partially) and Roollback Touchpad Prefpane from Sierra to get the double tap etc working.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Sorry, heres debug without sound (7614) and with sound (29923).

I manage to activate sound with no external devices (mouse, keyboard, headphones) and second monitor on power up.
On wake up, sometimes audio device disappears , sometimes not. I will try to fix it with your CodecCommander. (for now, i just restart with no devices again)

Attachments

• debug_7614.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • debug_29923.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Sorry, heres debug without sound (7614) and with sound (29923).

I manage to activate sound with no external devices (mouse, keyboard, headphones) and second monitor on power up.
On wake up, sometimes audio device disappears , sometimes not. I will try to fix it with your CodecCommander. (for now, i just restart with no devices again)

You need to add a 00 terminating byte to "compatible".
Also, inject name=(data)"pci8086,a170" (with 00 termination).

Note: Clover injecting as (string) type will convert to data and add the 00 terminator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back