Contribute
Register

[Dell Vostro 3558]Mojave 10.14.1 Realtek ALC 255 No audio/Synaptics I2C Touchpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell-05JF1T
CPU
i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi this is my first post on this forum. Please correct me if I make mistakes or break forum rules.

I have successfully installed Mojave 10.4 on my Dell Vostro 3558 (Intel Corei3-4005U/Realtek ALC255/I2C-HID Touchpad Synaptics-Dell). Previously I was able to use I2C Trackpad and audio in High Sierra using VoodooI2C with DSDT Patch and ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext and the audio by using HDAPatcher(MironeAudio) and using the patched kexts and config.plist and DSDT patch.

However in Mojave I am unable to get audio using HDA Patcher or Apple ALC using layout 2
Also its not relevant to this post but I am unable to get I2C Touchpad working. I tried VoodooI2C and related files, AppleSmartTouchpad.kext. The touchpad works using VoodooPS2controller.kext but there is no tap to click or gestures.

I will be very glad and indebted if you van help me with my issues.

Thank you

PS. I have uploaded the IOReg files

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    3 MB · Views: 98
@RehabMan Can I have your attention to my post? Thanking you in anticipation.

Hi this is my first post on this forum. Please correct me if I make mistakes or break forum rules.

I have successfully installed Mojave 10.4 on my Dell Vostro 3558 (Intel Corei3-4005U/Realtek ALC255/I2C-HID Touchpad Synaptics-Dell). Previously I was able to use I2C Trackpad and audio in High Sierra using VoodooI2C with DSDT Patch and ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext and the audio by using HDAPatcher(MironeAudio) and using the patched kexts and config.plist and DSDT patch.

However in Mojave I am unable to get audio using HDA Patcher or Apple ALC using layout 2
Also its not relevant to this post but I am unable to get I2C Touchpad working. I tried VoodooI2C and related files, AppleSmartTouchpad.kext. The touchpad works using VoodooPS2controller.kext but there is no tap to click or gestures.

I will be very glad and indebted if you van help me with my issues.

Thank you

PS. I have uploaded the IOReg files

Use AppleALC.kext.
Refer to the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks @RehabMan for your prompt reply. I had gone through the post that you have mentioned and tried
1. AppleALC method+Lilu and inject layout 2 in config.plist under Devices/Properties. But no audio output devices detected.

The kext output shows some error which I have uploaded in the text file in the zip.

2. I tried AppleHDA patcher method (which worked for me in High Sierra) still no audio output devices.

Thanks again

Thanks @RehabMan for your prompt reply. I had gone through the post that you have mentioned and tried
1. AppleALC method+Lilu and inject layout 2 in config.plist under Devices/Properties. But no audio output devices detected.

The kext output shows some error which I have uploaded in the text file in the zip.

2. I tried AppleHDA patcher method (which worked for me in High Sierra) still no audio output devices.

Thanks again
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I had attached all the files that you mentioned in the given post in my OP. But I did that manually. Tell me those files are enough. Else I will upload the debug.zip file using the .sh file given later in the post in a few hours when I get back from duty.

Attachments

• debug_8876.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
Uploaded the required files

You're not injecting a layout-id. You have it commented out in your config.plist/Devices/Properties (#layout-id).

I have the same audio (ALC 255) try this:

1. revert back your AppleHDA.kext in System/Library/Extensions to its original unpatched version from Apple. you can do that by 2 ways: download the original unpatched AppleHDA.kext of the version of MacOS Mojave you have somewhere on the internet or update your MacOS Mojave and the update will do that automatically.
2. Install the latest Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and Codec Commander.kext to Library/Extensions folder
3. Put Layout ID 3 in config.plist file.
4. rebuild kextcache by opening Terminal, typing and entering:
sudo kextcache -i /
5. restart
6. enjoy ;)

If the above did not work, add the latest Whatevergreen.kext in Library/Extensions with Lilu, AppleALC and Codec Commander and change your config.plist file to a Whatevergreen config.plist. Enable layout ID 3 under Device/Properties in the Whatevergreen config.plist, restart, enjoy ;)

I have followed your guide and I did manage to get it working!
BUT!
I had distorted sound on headphones and i copied CodecCommander to /L/E and for some *dumb* reason I changed layout from 3 to 28, and ofc sound stopped working. I changed layout-id to 3 again, but no avail.
I tried every option, and followed your steps all over again, but no luck.
Do you know where am I mistaking?
- Should I remove change HDAS to HDEF patch?
- I removed Audio injection and left it only at property layout-id 3
- How to know is this key ok? <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>

In /S/L/E I have vanilla AppleHDA.kext, and when I do:
Code:
sudo kextstat | grep "HDA"
I got the following:
Code:
107    1 0xffffff7f821f6000 0xc000     0xc000     com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (282.10) A0967E07-616C-337E-865E-858A30592F54 <5 4 3 1>
  108    0 0xffffff7f82205000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (282.10) 1E3D72E3-0918-39C4-B0E7-4561D7915236 <107 96 92 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Here's my config.plist and /L/E folder.
EDIT: Added debug zip
Thanks in advance and sorry for grammar errors.
Cheers

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 13.56.52.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 13.56.52.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 123
  • debug_18628.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I have followed your guide and I did manage to get it working!
BUT!
I had distorted sound on headphones and i copied CodecCommander to /L/E and for some *dumb* reason I changed layout from 3 to 28, and ofc sound stopped working. I changed layout-id to 3 again, but no avail.
I tried every option, and followed your steps all over again, but no luck.
Do you know where am I mistaking?
- Should I remove change HDAS to HDEF patch?
- I removed Audio injection and left it only at property layout-id 3
- How to know is this key ok? <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1f,3)</key>

In /S/L/E I have vanilla AppleHDA.kext, and when I do:
Code:
sudo kextstat | grep "HDA"
I got the following:
Code:
107    1 0xffffff7f821f6000 0xc000     0xc000     com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (282.10) A0967E07-616C-337E-865E-858A30592F54 <5 4 3 1>
  108    0 0xffffff7f82205000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (282.10) 1E3D72E3-0918-39C4-B0E7-4561D7915236 <107 96 92 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Here's my config.plist and /L/E folder.
EDIT: Added debug zip
Thanks in advance and sorry for grammar errors.
Cheers
For fix for distorted headphone audio, in settings > Sound > Output change the balance to either left or right

Also have you applied any DSDT patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back