Contribute
Register

Dell Studio XPS 1645

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having issues with the screen going to Sleep and then not coming back on.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix, other than setting the display to never sleep?

Also, if I eject a CD/DVD via the eject button, it ejects via the slot load, but then it will not let me insert another CD/DVD until I reboot the computer.

Jedis said:
I'm having issues with the screen going to Sleep and then not coming back on.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix, other than setting the display to never sleep?

Also, if I eject a CD/DVD via the eject button, it ejects via the slot load, but then it will not let me insert another CD/DVD until I reboot the computer.

Did anyone else have this issue with the screen going to sleep and not coming back on?

Hello

I have managed to install Lion on my Dell XPS 16 with ATI 4670 and T9600. Then I installed the kexts from this topic, the DSDT and the chameleon bootloader.

Now when I try to boot into lion with just a -v flag, it hangs on [ PCI Configuration Begin ]. I am however able to boot using npci=0x2000 pci=off, but once it switches over to the GUI I only see vertical white lines on gray background, which fade in with an animated effect. Then it just stays there.

What else could I try?

Thanks.

matty, did you ever got internal display working? im running 10.7.4 but internal display corrupted. i've tried everything
in advance thanks

lseba said:
matty, did you ever got internal display working? im running 10.7.4 but internal display corrupted. i've tried everything
in advance thanks

Hi lseba
Have you had it working previously? I think apple updated the graphics kexts in the 10.7.4 update which might be why your having problems. For me I just deleted the ATI4600Controller.kext and replaced it with my modified one. LVDS worked fine for me after that.

Also are you booting into 64 bit mode with GraphicsEnabler=No? I think LVDS may be corrupt in 32 bit

If all else fails you could try updating to Mountain Lion when it's released and using the 10.8 version of ATI4600Controller.kext

Hope this helps.

i never got lvds working. not in 10.6 not in 10.7 in different versions (10.7.1,10.7.3)
my system is running 64 bits. could you post your aty_init, bootlader and extra folders?
my xps 1647 only differs from yours in the processor (i5 430m)

lseba said:
i never got lvds working. not in 10.6 not in 10.7 in different versions (10.7.1,10.7.3)
my system is running 64 bits. could you post your aty_init, bootlader and extra folders?
my xps 1647 only differs from yours in the processor (i5 430m)

Hmmm very odd. Hopefully these files will help you.

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    147 KB · Views: 142
  • ATI4600Controller.kext.zip
    209.3 KB · Views: 155
  • ATY_Init.kext.zip
    34.2 KB · Views: 143
Mountain Lion

If anyone fancies updating to Mountain Lion these are the kexts i'm using:

What's working/ not working

LVDS - Ati mobility 4670 Working for me, but some people having issues
HDMI Again, working for me (audio over HDMI does not work)
VGA Same again, only works when VGA cables are plugged in at boot
Keyboard + Mouse Working, two finger multi touch only
Speakers, Headphones, Built in Mic Working
Bluetooth Working
Ethernet Working
Battery in status bar Working
Card reader Not Working
Sleep Not Working
Power Management is also pretty poor

To upgrade/ install Mountain Lion I recommend using the Unibeast method posted here: tonymacx86.com - UniBeast 1.5: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC
Install note : You will need to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No"

Kext package download: 10.8 kexts for Dell Studio XPS 16 - Downloads - OSx86.net
(I tried to upload here but the file size was too large.)

I have not put any wifi kexts in as there are several different cards in use. If you are having problems I suggest replacing it with one that works OTB (I use the Atheros 9280 which even shows up as an airport extreme card and was less than a tenner).

If anyone has anything to contribute I would be happy to add it in. Would be nice if we could sort out the remaining few issues to make for a great hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back