Contribute
Register

Dell R710, PERC H700 RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell R710
Hi,

I have a DELL R710 with a PERC H700 RAID Controller. To my knowledge the controller is based off LSI SAS 2108. I have googled and found this forum post and something about kext, I would imagine a driver like this would be built into the installer? https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285197-driver-for-lsi-megaraid-sas-family/?page=16

I am able to boot to uniBeast 8.3.1 to diskutility. I have create a 2Disk Raid1 VD in the Raid Bios, but I do not see any disks in disk utility.

Is it possible to use this system and controller? It would be pretty sick to use OSX with Dual 6 core Xeons and 128G ram... Seems possible considering the installer boots right?

One possibility I thought of, do I need to flash the H700 to LSI firmware?

Thank you

@hypnosb, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Have you had any luck with this? I am looking to do the same thing, but I can't seem to find drivers for this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back