Contribute
Register

Dell Precision T7500 Lion 10.7.2 Running Beautifully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dellio1 Thanks once again for your guide.

I managed eventually to get the internal sound card working by using Voodoo 0.2.1 and then discovered its included in multi beast! Tonymacx86 is a godsend to people as lazy as me. I am not saying its the best match but its vastly superior to the external usb Creative card I was using.
intel 82801jb ich10 high definition audio
i.d. 8086-3a3e
revision 00
Analog Devices AD1984A high definition audio device
i.d. 11d4-194a
revision 1004
(I think these are common to all T7500's, but don't take my word for it)

I had no errors but I did have thirty warnings when compiling the DSDT. Does anyone know if this is normal or should I be worried?

My bios version is A12. I have 6 errors while compile the dsdt, but i use the dsdt editor fix them all. I do not know that is the problem lead to fail the boot of the dual cpus. Have you try the dual cpus?

There is no normal on two Xeon processors? If I boot with two processors will be the System Halt, but the single-processor boot normally. There nVidia Geforce Quadro 4000 is not open QE, CI.

Hi Meixiao
my machine only has one processor so I can't be of much help to you.
Have you read through the guide on insanelymac?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=222386

its about installing snow leopard on a dual xeon t5500 but some of the later posts may be of some help.

Hi Meixiao
my machine only has one processor so I can't be of much help to you.
Have you read through the guide on insanelymac?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=222386

its about installing snow leopard on a dual xeon t5500 but some of the later posts may be of some help.

Thanks for your suggestion, but that post did not help at all. I also read some one manage to make two processors to work under snow leopard. But this is lion. I don not know whether someone who has experience on lion can help on the dual cpus.

It seems that booting with Dual CPUs on the t7500 just doesn't work. Darwin appears to crash. I tried cpus=1 and it doesn't work at all. I haven't tried removing a cpu completely yet, but I have 2 Xeon quad cores. I believe everything else would be fine if I could actually get it booting, but I can't even really see the error. Someone suggested it is because it doesn't see all of the cores (it sees 7 of 8). I can't tell because I can't get the log to stop after the crash. Anyway, I don't know how I can use Snow Leopard at this point as I have nothing to really build Snow Leopard stuff with, which might work with the dual processor.

If I could catch the error before it reboots it would be great. I guess a camera might work, but it would be better if there were some kind of logging.

The kp you all are getting is associated with
Scope (_PR) in the DSDT. it say cpu caller found 7 threads but you should have 8. if you Edit you dsdt this can fix it may other have this issue on single processors. I have been at it for a while. it has to find 8 threads not 7 I can get but i cant hit 8 and 8. now you know. snow leapard works because there was a legacy kernel so it put everything in line but there is not legacy kernel for lion yet. So we wait or you guy get DSDTing.

Hi, I have a T7500 with 2 CPU's installed, and am very keen to install, but have 3 questions:

1. Has anyone got this Dell T7500 working with X2 CPU's yet?
2. When compiling the dsdt.aml file with the Precision T7500.txt should I do this in Windows or OSX?
3. I would like to install Mountain Lion, 10.8.2, is this possible and can I install using the same kexts attached to this post?

Many thanks for this excellent post.

Cheers.

I receive Dell T7500 from my friend and I install OS X Mavericks it complete can use Network and sound and use Asus 3870 it can't change resolution and I change to Nvidia 9800GT it can't boot to desktop when boot to Apple logo and show black screen I try to use NVEnable64 it same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back