Contribute
Register

Dell Precision M4800 Yosemite rebooting when on Docking station

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming desktop guides wouldn't help with docking undocking laptop.

Desktop guides may help with injections/patches required for HDMI connectors/HDMI audio.

I guess that's because the Optimus was disabled and it was only using Nvidia

To use HD4600 you would need to re-enable Optimus.

I guess I need to first get hd4600 working before investigating the docking issue

Everything likely changes if you switch to HD4600...

Desktop guides may help with injections/patches required for HDMI connectors/HDMI audio.

To use HD4600 you would need to re-enable Optimus.

Everything likely changes if you switch to HD4600...

I decided to stick with Nvidia for now, for the reason that I don't think the HDMI or Displayport works with the HD4600 integrated chip. and since I plan to use this machine primarily docked I don't see a point of switching to the intel graphics.

Would it be possible in this case to have the laptop display power off when the lid is closed ?
and how can i troubleshoot why the boot-up crashes when starting docked?

I decided to stick with Nvidia for now, for the reason that I don't think the HDMI or Displayport works with the HD4600 integrated chip. and since I plan to use this machine primarily docked I don't see a point of switching to the intel graphics.

Would it be possible in this case to have the laptop display power off when the lid is closed ?
and how can i troubleshoot why the boot-up crashes when starting docked?

You must implement backlight control to have LID detection.
No idea on Nvidia though...

great, thanks for the tip. that gives me the direction to look into... will update when i get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back