i9-10900k
Graphics
AMD RX 570 4gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
i have been able to get my M4800 running Yosemite on integrated Nvidia K1100M chipset using CLOVER and Unibeast installer.
There are just 2 problems i am facing with my installation.
  1. (lower priority - i think i might find a solution somewhere): Some USB ports not working. I was able to get them working with GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.7 (more recent versions did not work), but on subsequent boots the ports stopped working again. When i removed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and rebooted and then readded the kext it worked only once before stopping on next reboot. Also it only works on CLOVER/kexts, not on S/L/E.
  2. (higher priority) - everything else is working smoothly for me, except, if i try booting on yosemite when connected ot the docking station, the system reboots right before launching the GUI.
I know i opted to go for a bit older version of the OS, but hope sometime might still help guide me on how to fix the docking station issue.

Laptop: Dell M4800
processor: 4900MQ
Video: Intel HD 4600 (not used, Optimus gets disabled in the bios on its own when booting into Yosemite)
Nvidia K1100M
Touchpad: ALPS

Hi,
i have been able to get my M4800 running Yosemite on integrated Nvidia K1100M chipset using CLOVER and Unibeast installer.
There are just 2 problems i am facing with my installation.
  1. (lower priority - i think i might find a solution somewhere): Some USB ports not working. I was able to get them working with GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.7 (more recent versions did not work), but on subsequent boots the ports stopped working again. When i removed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and rebooted and then readded the kext it worked only once before stopping on next reboot. Also it only works on CLOVER/kexts, not on S/L/E.
  2. (higher priority) - everything else is working smoothly for me, except, if i try booting on yosemite when connected ot the docking station, the system reboots right before launching the GUI.
I know i opted to go for a bit older version of the OS, but hope sometime might still help guide me on how to fix the docking station issue.

Laptop: Dell M4800
processor: 4900MQ
Video: Intel HD 4600 (not used, Optimus gets disabled in the bios on its own when booting into Yosemite)
Nvidia K1100M
Touchpad: ALPS

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hi RehabMan,
please find attached the files requested as per the FAQ "Problem Reporting" section.
does it make a difference to any of the files if I generate them while connected or disconnected from the docking station?

Kextstat output

nabeelmoeen$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f8282f000 0x5f000 0x5f000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
nabeelmoeen$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
nabeelmoeen$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
nabeelmoeen$ kextstat|grep -y applehda
73 0 0xffffff7f827a1000 0x1c000 0x1c000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (272.18.1) <72 71 70 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Attachments

• patchmatic files.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 73
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IOReg output.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 139
quick update.
I got all the USB ports working now based on a post I found on another forum which suggested to remove the AppleHPET.kext to get these working.

Is this the recommended option? or do I lose some other functionality because of this.

I am going to try the docking station again :) and let you know if anything changes vs. before

Docking station: Read on another thread and tried it. Docking station works once system has completed booting (in GUI) and then PC is docked.
if it is docked before starting up, it keeps on rebooting before launching the GUI.

Also, is there a way to disable Laptop display once it is connected to the external monitor?
I have the CPU power management working (i assume based on the graph shown by intel Power Gadget) for my setup.

Docking station: Read on another thread and tried it. Docking station works once system has completed booting (in GUI) and then PC is docked.
if it is docked before starting up, it keeps on rebooting before launching the GUI.

Just guessing... you probably did not implement HDMI audio correctly.

Also, is there a way to disable Laptop display once it is connected to the external monitor?

Close lid.

Hi Rehabman,

actually I am working with the Nividia driver since the K1100M is supported OOB apparently.
Does that mean that the issue is due to the discrete display adapter?
(the Laptop screen stays on if docked after booting up - and i can't boot up docked due to the issue I mentioned eariler :()

I am trying to get the HD4600 integrated video adapter to work following the instructions from your other thread (Intel 4200, 4400, 4600 ), but unfortunatley no success yet.
I put the FakePCIID and FAkePCiid_Intel_HD kexts on Clover /efi/kexts (on bootable clover USB - since i didn't want to risk my hdd CLOVER setup in case I end up in a scenario that changes mess up the install) with the IntelGFX ID and injection and ig-platform-id (from the config.plist provided in your other posts).
Using these settings and Optimus enabed (so integrated intel is available) the bootup crashes. I have a feeling it might have to do something with the CPU PM modifications.

anyhow will re-attempt in a couple of days when i get some free time

just wanted to say thanks a lot for all the guides I have been using to get this thing up and running so far :D

Hi Rehabman,

actually I am working with the Nividia driver since the K1100M is supported OOB apparently.

No experience with Nvidia... you should look at some of the desktop guides.

I am trying to get the HD4600 integrated video adapter to work following the instructions from your other thread (Intel 4200, 4400, 4600 ), but unfortunatley no success yet.

Your ioreg indicates no HD4600 on the PCIe bus.[/quote]

No experience with Nvidia... you should look at some of the desktop guides.
I'm assuming desktop guides wouldn't help with docking undocking laptop.

Your ioreg indicates no HD4600 on the PCIe bus.

I guess that's because the Optimus was disabled and it was only using Nvidia

I guess I need to first get hd4600 working before investigating the docking issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back