Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell Optiplex 790 - Can’t get Catalina to Boot from External Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the USB drive made, the first one loaded to the right side of the apple logo and froze, i tried adding different kext, remove kext, did one at a time, after messing with kext i'd get the apple icon with loading screen but no progress bar and would freeze or reboot. i even remade my usb drive again, i am back to getting to the right side of the apple logo and it freezes.

Last edited:
I got the USB drive made, the first one loaded to the right side of the apple logo and froze, i tried adding different kext, remove kext, did one at a time, after messing with kext i'd get the apple icon with loading screen but no progress bar and would freeze or reboot, now it shows the apple logo then reboots and i even remade my usb drive again, same way as i did the first time and same thing just a boot loop. thanks
boot verbose to see what the actual issue is

There were more but the page moved to fast to gather the picture

Attachments

• IMG_6497.JPG
    IMG_6497.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6498.JPG
    IMG_6498.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6499.JPG
    IMG_6499.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6500.JPG
    IMG_6500.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6501.JPG
    IMG_6501.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6502.JPG
    IMG_6502.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6503.JPG
    IMG_6503.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
Using your GTX 770 for graphics ? HDMI or DP ? or something else ?

i read the card wrong before, i am using a geforce gt730, i did use this GPU card probably 6-8 years ago when i did the optiplex780 hackintosh, i am using dvi output to display on my monitor. found a DSDT file and a optiplex 790 config.plist, but only reduced progress i believe, i really don't understand how to read errors and correct them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back