Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 7010 - Upgrading 10.6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try clicking on the Apple logo (upper left corner) then click on Software Update. What does it show there as available ?

Also go to System Prefs > Network and take a screen shot of what that looks like.

Try clicking on the Apple logo (upper left corner) then click on Software Update. What does it show there as available ?

I get this:

20190114_192547.jpg

How are you connected to the monitor ? With VGA or DP ?

Next thing to try, Use multibeast for Snow leopard and change the system def. to iMac 12,1. Checkmark the box before iMac 12,1. Highlighting it in blue doesn't select it. Make that the only selection then run it and reboot. See if you can get into the MAS. If not then try iMac 13,1 and see if that does the trick. You would need MB for Mt. Lion to change it to 13,1.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Last edited:
Next thing to try, Use multibeast for Snow leopard and change the system def. to iMac 12,1. Make that the only selection then run it and reboot. See if you can get into the MAS. If not then try iMac 13,1 and see if that does the trick.

I tried that before I completely reloaded the machine yesterday.

I launched MultiBeast for Snow Leopard. Choose iMac 11,2 and APPLY. It went through it's gyrations, and I rebooted. ABOUT THIS MAC still showed MacPro 3,1.

But I will try it again.

So the ONLY thing I should click is the SYSTEM DEFINITION? (like this - see pic). As the instructions for MultiBeast say to always use SYSTEM UTILITIES when you use any option.

Should UniBeast be run from the APPLICATIONS folder, or is the desktop good?

Should I delete anything used during the build of this? Everything is on the desktop.

20190114_200241.jpg

I rebooted. ABOUT THIS MAC still showed MacPro 3,1.

About this Mac should change if you installed it correctly and rebooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back