Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 7010 - Upgrading 10.6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU. Will try that....but that link is not going to work (me thinks) - but I will try it. It appears that the only WEB PAGES which open on this LION box are the APPLE pages. I cannot even get GOOGLE to come up. As I cannot bring these messages up on the MAC. Cannot connect to TONYMAC.

UPDATE

I was able to get to the MAS last night and download the El Capitan installer.

I used the EC UNIBEAST and built the UEFI USB with no issues.

I use GPARTED to clean the old SL drive of all partitions (the 250GB HDD).

I booted in to the BIOS SETTINGS. RESTORED DEFAULTS. REBOOTED - SET TO UEFI settings as per your HIGH SIERRA guide, and rebooted.

It then booted from EC UNIBEAST USB drive. It comes up to a CLOVER screen, and has EXTERNAL (HDD image shown with about 6 smaller icons below it). I did not do anything but press <ENTER> I get the black APPLE Loading screen with the progress bar for about 4-5 minutes, then I get a BLACK SCREEN, WHITE "NO" SYMBOL (circle with line through it)...and it does nothing else. o_O

I rebooted it 3 times, and verifying that the BIOS settings were correct. Each time I rebooted with the EC UNIBEAST it appeared that the TIME was being reset to GMT time (5 hours in the future from my real time). :crazy:

SO, I have to ask. What has happened now? I was sure this was gonna be a simple installation - once I was able to get past the MAS access and the UNIBEAST yelling at me that my packages were not correct.

Suggestions??

It then booted from EC UNIBEAST USB drive. It comes up to a CLOVER screen, and has EXTERNAL (HDD image shown with about 6 smaller icons below it). I did not do anything but press <ENTER>
When you are trying to install always make sure you are booting verbose. I will try and put together a custom config.plist for you that you can try. Will post it here as an attachment.

You'll need to first delete the existing config.plist on your EC Unibeast installer. First mount the EFI partition of the USB. You can use EFI mounter V3 from downloads on this site. Now delete the existing config.plist and drag and drop the HD4000 one into the USB's clover folder where the old one was. Try and boot verbose from the USB.

Attachments

• HD4000 ONLY Unibeast config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 114
When you are trying to install always make sure you are booting verbose. I will try and put together a custom config.plist for you that you can try. Will post it here as an attachment.

You'll need to first delete the existing config.plist on your EC Unibeast installer. First mount the EFI partition of the USB. You can use EFI mounter V3 from downloads on this site. Now delete the existing config.plist and drag and drop the HD4000 one into the USB's clover folder where the old one was. Try and boot verbose from the USB.

After about 4 reboots with the EC_USB I got it to install.

It is installed now - with nothing does to it. It seems to boot fine from reboot - but I have yet to try it without the UBS plugged in.

I have not run MultiBeast. I did download MaciASL and run it. It did pull the DSDT file up on the screen - but gives me errors when I try and save it.

There are at least ONE UPDATE it wants to install - but I have not done that yet either.

I was able to get to MAS and re-download the HIGH SIERRA INSTALLER and the MOJAVE INSTALLER.

The ABOUT THIS MAC shows a MacPro8,x (forget the second number). I everything is working except sound - although the ABOUT THIS MAC PROFILE shows that I have INTEL AUDIO. Nothing from the HDMI monitor (which has speakers) or from the internal speaker. I can change resolutions, etc and even play a DVD.

I have made another HIGH SIERRA USB from this install...but every time I boot from it with the -v I get a bunch of text, then it hangs a various places and if I let it sit, it eventually puts up a big white NO symbol on the screen behind the text.

After about 4 reboots with the EC_USB I got it to install.

Congrats on staying with it and not giving up ! If you need any more help start a new thread in the appropriate desktop support forum. You've learned about the 2 essential ingredients (2 Ps) for Hackintosh success, patience and perseverance.

Congrats on staying with it and not giving up ! If you need any more help start a new thread in the appropriate desktop support forum. You've learned about the 2 essential ingredients (2 Ps) for Hackintosh success, patience and perseverance.

trs96,

I could not have done it without you (and the others) - YES, Learning anything new takes the (3 Ps - Patience, Perserverance and Public Forums)....:lolno:

I am the proud papa of a new 5 week old puppy so my time has been limited on here. I am going to post a new message in the EL CAPITAN forum since I now have a working load of EC on the Optiplex 7010 (have done it 2 times already - just to make sure the first was not a fluke). :headbang:

I will come back here and update this message with the link to the new post...when I get it posted.

AGAIN - Thank You All for your assistance.

moved to El Capitan forum - Dell Optiplex 7010 - Upgrade from El Capitan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back