CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GT 710, Intel HD4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
you have to boot with the bootx64.efi. It's a grub command. Not a terminal command.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GT 710, Intel HD4600
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
you are using ms-dos command, not the bootx64.efi. please make the bootx64.efi usb and boot from it.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GT 710, Intel HD4600
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you are working with 1080p monitor, just stay away from this fix. Only do this if you really need 4k!

To make it work with 4K monitor you have to edit the BIOS by yourself. WARNING!!! DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK. THIS METHOD IS FOR THE DELL OPTIPLEX 3060 MFF only (it might work with SFF or MT but check your BIOS before you do this). It might brick your machine.
  • Create a bootable USB with EFI Shell
    • Format a USB 2.0 Stick as FAT32 with MBR named EFI
    • Create /EFI/BOOT/
    • copy BOOTX64.efi into that folder
  • Boot with it
  • on grub command type : setup_var 0x8DC to check the current value it should be 0x01
  • Change to 0x02 by typing : setup_var 0x8DC 0x2
  • Check the value again : setup_var 0x8DC make sure that it is 0x02
  • Reboot!
After successfully boot, edit the config.plist with clover configurator delete the framebuffer-stolenmem, framebuffer-fbmem and the enable-hdmi20. Reboot again, and set your 4k display resolution in the display preference.

You can have 4K @ 30Hz with the HDMI port and 4K @ 60Hz with the Display Port.
follow this instruction to the letter!!!

ole

Motherboard
H97N-Wifi
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
GTX1050Ti
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Air, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac, Portable, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,

Working on something a tiny bit different here: a 3070 Micro (10.5.5, my 6th or 7th hack, stopped counting), but I made great progress based on Fungcie’s steps here. For example bootx64.efi method from #2, went smooth although there is a typo in it: [I]setup_var 0x8DC 0x2[/I] should be [I]setup_var 0x8DC 0x02[/I] instead, but NBD. Some people say you can also do it with WEG settings, but I never could before I used setup_var

Trying to make a media center thingy, and I will possibly try and summarize the result into a guide when I’m done, as it’s been tougher than usual

It’s giving me a hard time just at the end: I got everything set up on a DP display from DP port (DP-DP cable), 60Hz, UHD 630 acceleration (trying different SMBIOS/Framebuffers combos), ALC audio, sleep, etc… All good until I switched to HDMI, and then blank screen all over: not HDMI-HDMI even at 30Hz, not DP-DP cable + DP-HMDI adapter, not even direct DP-HDMI cable, only plain DP-DP cable works…

I started with my own EFI folder (iMac 19,1 or 19,2, iMac 18,1 or 18,2 or 18,3, combined with different Framebuffers) but no luck. Then I tried with your EFI folder (MacMini 8,1 no Intel Inject), and same thing: works in DP-DP but nothing with HDMI in it. I searched around here, couldn’t find anything, and yet, it feels I’m missing something obvious. Any idea?

Thanks all!

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GT 710, Intel HD4600
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
First of all 0x2 and 0x02 is the same it only representation of number.
And about the hdmi, you should check if your hdmi output port number is different from mine. And change itu accordingly on the device properties. Use hackintool to check the port number of hdmi output.

Last edited: