@mrslk
My spec:
Dell optiplex 9020 i5-4570;
HDD: Samsung SSD 250GB;
Monitor: Dell S2419HM (Displayport to HDMI, other connection may not work);
Memory: DDR3 20GB;
Keyboard: Apple Magic wireless keyboard (use bluetooth usb dongle);
Trackpad: Apple trackpad (use bluetooth usb dongle);
Thanks for the response. Where did you place the kext? I am using the EFI you sent and still no sound. I'm not seeing the AppleALC kext anywhere in there.

Sound does work when tested at the clover menu (output is named speakers).
In MacOS, my output choices are only 2: in-line or headphones. Makes me believe I have a driver issue.

To the best of my knowledge, I did this (see attached)
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Thanks for the response. Where did you place the kext? I am using the EFI you sent and still no sound. I'm not seeing the AppleALC kext anywhere in there.

In MacOS, my output choices are only 2: in-line or headphones. Makes me believe I have a driver issue.

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
Ok

Last edited:

Download latest AppleALC from https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases and place on desktop and install using kextbeast. It should be installed to Library<Extensions. Make sure inject 13 in Clover Configurator and save the changes to your EFI partitions config.plist. Reboot and test sound. Make sure sound in System Preferences < Sound < Line Out is enabled if you have speakers/headphones in back port or System Preferences < Sound < Headphones if you are connected via front audio jack.

If all fails, full wipe drive and reinstall from scratch using guide. Most likely bad setup.

Hi there,

I have the specs as following

Dell 9020 SFF
i5 4570
Intel HD 4600

I tried the High Sierra Installer as described, had a positive outcome.

Sound works on front jack. (13)

also intel HD works with 1536 MB Ram.
-> I did not check the Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen as described in the guide.
before I did it with Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen and just had 7mb Ram.

I also installed all the sensor kext (Rehabman) in other/fakeSMC.kext -> show package content -> Contents/Plugins for visibility in HWMonitor.

my big problem is wake from sleep.
I tried the darkwake=0 on 1st position and 3rd position as shown in the attachment.
unfortunately it works when sleep is enabled for a few minutes.

Wake it after 30 min. will restart the system.

Any thoughts?

by the way big thx @westyd1982 for the guide!

if you need any infos from me, let me know.

Attachments

• Darkwake.png
    Darkwake.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 87
Download latest AppleALC from https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases and place on desktop and install using kextbeast. It should be installed to Library<Extensions. Make sure inject 13 in Clover Configurator and save the changes to your EFI partitions config.plist. Reboot and test sound. Make sure sound in System Preferences < Sound < Line Out is enabled if you have speakers/headphones in back port or System Preferences < Sound < Headphones if you are connected via front audio jack.

If all fails, full wipe drive and reinstall from scratch using guide. Most likely bad setup.

This did the trick. Thank you sir

Hi @Vester,

Are you using the display port connection ? or VGA ? ppl say VGA doesn't work, but i'm able to see the screen using VGA (except that i only have 4 MB memory and no kext loaded). I'm installing Mojave and can't get Intel HD 4600 to get more than 4MB

Do you mind posting your clover, multibeast and EFI folder ?

For Audio, go to Preferences --> Sound --> Output Tab --> select which output your want to use, but for 9020 you should have 2 selection (at least on my 9020 does).

1554829365862.png

Thanks

hey,

I did the Multibeast installer as described in the guide but without using the Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen
At least thats the way how it worked for me. I just redid the Multibeast step without enabling any Intel or CGF AKA WG.

also check clover for right graphic ig Platform (0x0D220003) as well as injected EDID and Injected Intel selected.

in attachment you find my EFI folder and about this Mac

hope that helps you

For my Sleep problem I changed now Boot option in Clover from MacHHD to LasBootedVolume in Default Boot Volume.
Thats the only difference of my Config.plist and Config.plist.old just for info.

I will let you know after rehearshal if it worked for me.

EDIT:
I just use the DP for 27" 2560x1440 display. Only problem in about my Mac it shows 2 displays.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21 MB · Views: 139
  • Intel.png
    Intel.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 113
Edit 2: Sorted at last. In High Sierra, after downloading the Security update and Installing/Rebooting, you MUST select Preboot Install Partition at the Clover Bootloader. After a few minutes the PC will Reboot again and you MUST select the Install Partition at the Clover Bootloader. After 10 or so minutes, the system will Restart again and Clover should (check) boot into OSX. Your High Sierra system should be updated, though its still called 10.13.6 it should show up in the update list of the App store as installed.

Edit: The installation actually failed. After restarting it ran fine for a while. I decided to restart the PC once again and it eventually presented me with 'The Installation has failed'. I had to revert to my Backup and now I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.
-----------------------
After some research and backing up my system drive (Dell 7020, High Sierra 10.13.6) to a dedicated SSD, I've installed the Security Update via the App Store. All went smoothly and the system updated fine with no errors.

I can't emphasise enough that you need a clone of your system drive on a dedicated drive for insurance. I used Super Duper and then mounted my EFI partion with Clover Configurator and mounted the new drive's EFI partion and then simply copied from old to new.

I didn't need the clone this time but you never know when an update could leave OSX unusable. At least you can go back with your clone drive.

Last edited:
@Vester,

If you don't mind checking, can you please go to:
About This Mac -> System Report... -> Graphics/Displays and screen shot the page ? wanted to check whether or not Kext is loaded and other info such as ID, etc

Thank You

Since my change on the plist to get handled the sleep problem my system rebooted in the partition of high Sierra update.

Keep in mind by pushing F3 you get back in the clover boot to choose your drive. I changed back to my plist.old. now it works properly except still problems to wake from sleep cause system will reboot.

Can you guys send me screenshots how darkwake looks in your configurator, or the screenshot of the part in the actual plist (code)?

in attachment you'll find the graphics info @mrslk. As mentioned please (if you use) use my plist.old in EFI folder cause I had bootcycleproblems with the new plist it. Still 2 monitors there but actually its just one hooked up. My DP to HDMI adapter is on its way, I am curios about how the system will run in dual monitor setup.

EDIT for @mrslk :
aja, I also have BIOS A23 I think. did you made the changes to intel graphics. others is not favourable.
It seems we have the same machine.
you can also send me your plist and I will have a look.

As I mentioned reinstall multibeast with the adjustments I described two posts or so earlier. uncheck intel, uncheck Coregraphic..... after install mount EFI (if not already visible) from boot drive and change your plist with my plist.old in EFI folder I attached.

that should work to get your graphics go to more than 7mb ram.

@AlanF: yeah, you have to push the right buttons. As mentioned I also did an update on my first go and ruined it by not choosing install partition on clover. By holding F3 you'll come to Clover Boot menu and can choose your drive. I did save my EFI as well as all the Apps, Kexts, etc. on USB as well as a boot and cloneabele 128gb ssd just incase.

Attachments

• Graphics:Displays.png
    Graphics:Displays.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back