Register

<< Solved >> Dell Latitude 5290 2-in-1 Success QE/CI but Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Dell Latitude 5290 2-in-1>
i5-8350u
UHD620
eDP Built-in Monitor

Using the 5916 ID in the Hackintool, the QE / CI acceleration is working, but the built-in monitor is a black screen with no backlight.
Unlike the previous one, the internal display is held in frame buffer 0
Display preference, ioreg, and Hackintool recognize built-in monitor.
EDID injected using 'AAPL00, override-no-connect'.

If I boot without connecting an external monitor via DP port, or disconnect the connected monitor after booting, it will be rebooted.

However, if I patch the config by unchecking 'CNConnectorAlwaysConnected' in the built-in monitor index on the connector tab of Hackintool, the hot plug of the DP port will resume and the built-in monitor will be in black screen with backlight.
But Display preference do not recognize built-in monitor.

I think the problem is that the built-in monitor connector's index is set to 1, but if I try set index to 0, it will always panic.

I tried it by changing the pipe and type in the Hackintool's built-in monitor connector, but it failed repeatedly.
The patch option is the same as the picture below.

One of the two DP ports is dead, but now I'm focusing on activating the internal monitor.
USB, PD Charging, keyboard, trackpad (up to 2-point gestures), battery works good.

Please advise!

Attachments

• debug_9474.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 155
I had a similar issue with the Dell 5285. You might want to try the -igfxmlr boot arg with whatevergreen and only an ig-platform-id appropriate for your hardware. Seems the issue isn’t limited to just high density screens.

I had a similar issue with the Dell 5285. You might want to try the -igfxmlr boot arg with whatevergreen and only an ig-platform-id appropriate for your hardware. Seems the issue isn’t limited to just high density screens.
It's amazing! Thank you so much!
Added the -igfxmlr boot flag and rearranged the graphics patch so the built-in monitor is enabled!
Now I will try to stabilize the DP port, sleep, brightness, camera, etc.
How much of your 5285 stabilization patch was going on?

Added the -igfxmlr boot flag and rearranged the graphics patch so the built-in monitor is enabled!

Actually, I returned it. I only bought it because of the 16GB of memory but just yesterday I was able to find a good deal on another HP Elite with the 7600u and 16GB.

Hi, can you please upload your EFI working folder? I have the same problem, internal display black.

Thanks.

AndyApple.

Thank you! Tomorrow I'll try thanks.

I have these two problems:
-When i connect the hdmi, the internal display goes black and to fix this I have to close the lid for some seconds and open it again, and both screen internal and external work
-second problem is that the external monitor runs in 4K only IF the lid is Closed. If the lid is open, so both screen are working, external monitor works in lower resolution (even if 4k is selected).

Any idea?

Thanks,

Andyapple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back