Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude 3450 i5-5200u HD5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Thanks!

My biggest mistake was assuming that even with a non-functional kext, the device would show up in the PCI list...
ahh brill!

well done :)

glad to help :)

Updated EFI to Clover r5127 on post #1.

This EFI is compatible with Big Sur. Make sure you back everything up before updating including your existing EFI. This is one of the tougher updates.

Hello Pastrychef, scuse my English on your post 35 you say "No, the chipset used for the SD card reader is incompatible with macOS and, as far as I know, no one is working on any drivers. Odds are, the SD card reader will never work in macOS."

I have a dell vostro 3450 and my sd card reader works
On my dell precision M4800 my sd card works also

Hello Pastrychef, scuse my English on your post 35 you say "No, the chipset used for the SD card reader is incompatible with macOS and, as far as I know, no one is working on any drivers. Odds are, the SD card reader will never work in macOS."

I have a dell vostro 3450 and my sd card reader works
On my dell precision M4800 my sd card works also

It depends on the components used for the SD card reader. The SD card reader works on my Vostro 3480 too, but it does not work in my Latitude 3450.

It depends on the components used for the SD card reader. The SD card reader works on my Vostro 3480 too, but it does not work in my Latitude 3450.
OK. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
Thanks for the guide
I successfully installed Big Sur using your guide but I could not get the camera to work. I replaced your usbports.kext with usbinjectall.kext and tried but bluetooth works now and camera don't work.
In the camera section of the system information it says no camera detected but in usb it shows internal webcam along with Bluetooth in usb 2.0 hub

Thanks for the guide
I successfully installed Big Sur using your guide but I could not get the camera to work. I replaced your usbports.kext with usbinjectall.kext and tried but bluetooth works now and camera don't work.
In the camera section of the system information it says no camera detected but in usb it shows internal webcam along with Bluetooth in usb 2.0 hub

That doesn't make sense... If it's showing in System Information > USB, then it should be working. The only thing that we need to do is to get it seen in USB. There shouldn't be anything extra to do.

Thanks for your reply.
This is my current situation now and I have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 8.32.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 8.32.52 AM.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 8.34.38 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 8.34.38 AM.png
    106 KB · Views: 80
Thanks for your reply.
This is my current situation now and I have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

What kind of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using? That doesn't look right...

Please post your EFI folder. Also, why did you replace the USB kext? What was wrong with it? Using USBInjectAll is not a permanent solution and USB may have weird behaviors.

Last edited:
my wifi card is intel wireless 7265 (rev 59).
In the EFI i have changed itlwm, brcm and audio kext.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    45.8 MB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back