Graphics
Intel 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is just a thread of resources for anyone with a Dell Inspiron n5050 15r laptop. I have no intention of writing a step-by-step guide on how to install, because it's about the same as any other rig.

[Graphics]
100% functional graphics - Intel HD 3000 Graphics work OOB, but the VGA port does not. Use this kext to enable VGA output.
View attachment AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

More to come in a few hours...

Also, I managed to get 10.8.2 successfully running on my Inspiron-n5050. Everything works well, except I don't have gestures working for the touchpad as yet and I didn't use a dsdt. If anyone needs any info or any kexts, respond.

Also, I managed to get 10.8.2 successfully running on my Inspiron-n5050. Everything works well, except I don't have gestures working for the touchpad as yet and I didn't use a dsdt. If anyone needs any info or any kexts, respond.

Having issues myself, The Multibeast no matter what I do I can't seem to get it to boot. I can reboot the laptop using the uni disk and I've been able to get the wireless going. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK, so this is an update to my previous post. After weeks of testing, clean installs, and kernel panics, I have my Inspiron N5050 working well with the exception of the touchpad, which only works as a mouse. I have a custom DSDT that eliminates the need for certain kexts and it enables brightness control via system preferences. Audio works with voodoo HDA 2.7.3 and I am currently testing patched AppleHDA. Battery works like an Apple Smart Battery. Thanks to patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and a custom SSDT, I have speedstep working. Wireless, ethernet, card reader, and bluetooth all work as well. The only thing I'm not sure about is the HDMI port because I have no use for it.

Specs:
Intel Core i5 2450M
1 TB HD
6GB RAM
Intel HD 3000

Hello,
Thank you for your sharing, but can that still work for
DELL inspiron 15r n5010
i7 2670QM
8Go RAM
GT 525M
Intel HD Graphic 3000
Broadcom wlan
Realteak lan

What are you referring to?

Can you please give some details for the Dell Inspiron n5050 mountain lion installation?I am having post installation challenges.The system will not boot from harddrive after running multibeast to patch audio etc.My Dell Specs : Intel i3-2310M 2.10 Ghz 6GB RAM , Intel HD 3000, HDD 500 GB.Thank you.

Can you please give some details for the Dell Inspiron n5050 mountain lion installation?I am having post installation challenges.The system will not boot from harddrive after running multibeast to patch audio etc.My Dell Specs : Intel i3-2310M 2.10 Ghz 6GB RAM , Intel HD 3000, HDD 500 GB.Thank you.
What did you choose from Multibeast? Only audio? Or did you also choose the other required options? What error/KP did you receive?

This is just a thread of resources for anyone with a Dell Inspiron n5050 15r laptop. I have no intention of writing a step-by-step guide on how to install, because it's about the same as any other rig.

[Graphics]
100% functional graphics - Intel HD 3000 Graphics work OOB, but the VGA port does not. Use this kext to enable VGA output.
View attachment 38097

More to come in a few hours...

need help tell me how to start the network card on dell n5050 (10.8.2)?

That's great you have it all working, so would you mind sharing the dsdt file you are using? I just ran into a kernel panic on reboot. It allowed me to boot of HDD but didn't get far into into boot so I am currently reinstalling Mountain Lion. Kernel panic I read might have been due to voodoo audio so I won't be installing that again. Anybody know how to get the wifi and bluetooth working?

Kind of pointless to have a master thread if nobody is sharing their files with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back