Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 17R-SE-7720 Notebook is compatible for install mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
macos
CPU
Graphics
2mg
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello community
This is my question Dell Inspiron 17R-SE-7720 Notebook is compatible for install mountain Lion?

The specifications of my device are below.
Can you help-support me, Please!!
Thanks in advance best wishes
Tylia

Specification of my laptop.
[TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"] [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"] [TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"] [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"] [TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"] [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"] [TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"] [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"] [TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"] [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"] [TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"] [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"] [TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"] [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"] [TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"] [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"] [TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"] [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"] [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"] [TR="bgcolor: #e7e7e7"]
Module Description
Operating System Windows 8 64bit, English
Memory 16384MB 1600MHz DDR3, UPGRADED
Keyboard Internal UK/Irish Qwerty Backlit Keyboard with Multi-touch Touchpad
Video Card 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 90W
Driver Driver : 2230 Wireless Card
Hard Drive 1TB Serial ATA (5400RPM)
CD ROM/DVD ROM Optical Drive : 8x DVD+/-RW Optical Drive
Wireless Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 Card (802.11n + BT 4.0)
Cables 1 Meter Power Cord - UK
Documentation/Disks English Documentation
Extended Service 1 yr Next Day In-Home Service with Premium Phone Support
Widi Wireless Display Application
Documentation Documentation Not included
Digital Photography Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (Via digital Download)
Order Information Inspiron 7720 Order
Primary Battery Primary 6-cell 48W/HR LI-ION
Processor 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM processor (up to 3.40 GHz,, 6M cache)
Colour Choice Switch by Design Studio - Aluminium
LCD 17.3in Full High Definition (1080p) LED Display with Anti-Glare

Thats a good question, I just bought one really cheap and since it was so cheap wanna take on a project this summer, did you ever find out if its possible on any other threads???

Ok so far not luck, I was able to create a Unibeast disk of Mountain Lion. Attempted the install and had no luck.

In Chemilean
i typed

npci=3000 pcirootuid=0 graphicsenabler=no -v -x

first issue was black screen and disabling graphics enabler worked but, it got stuck unable able to IOAppleSDMC i believe so i added npci and still had no luck. On another forum they mentioned that usual if you set the pcirootuid=0 it will solve the problem. and still no luck. I attempted to boot up in safe mode with the -x and nope it stops with an error

No interval found for . Using 8000000
NVDAGK100HAL loaded and register
[AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed
[IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] - Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification
**** [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] - ERROR -- waited 30 secoonds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- this = 0xffffff800c2bfc00 ****
[IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] Calling registerService
Still waiting for root device
Still waiting for root device

Muahaha! got the install screen!! So heres what I did to get this far.
First let me say i have to pay credit, where credit is due. Not really good at posting on forums but, below is a link to the post i got the advice from

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...236-still-waiting-root-device-xps-13-mlk.html

So i took some tidbits from that last post regarding "Still waiting for root device." and I downloaded Multibeast for Mountain lion. I plugged in my usb for unibeast and made some adjustments to usb drive. Below is the items i checked in Multibeast.

Miscellaneous
-usb 3.0 - universal

custimization
Boot Options
-GraphicsEnable = No
-PCI Configuration Fix
-PCI Root ID Fix
-Verbose Boot
-1080p Display

Power Management
-Laptop

System definitions
Macbook Pro
-MacBook Pro 8,1

Only one i was question was adding "Kernal Cache" Under the boot options if anyone knows if i should add that please fill free to let me know.. But as of right now i got the install screen and will take it from there and keep you posted.

Stuck can anyone help? The install completed and I did a restart but still not having any luck. The problems I had to get into the install are the same problems that have occurred and are preventing me from getting into the install

Stuck can anyone help? The install completed and I did a restart but still not having any luck. The problems I had to get into the install are the same problems that have occurred and are preventing me from getting into the install

Any luck? I am going to do this this week. I have a 17R SE 3D currently which is not video compatible; i am running ML 10.8.3+ on both my 17R SE 3D and my L702x 3D.

Since I have a working install, I can 'cheat' a bit. I have NEVER, however, had success with a vanilla install via MutliBeast, Unibeast or anything else. This is because all of these processes build a bootloader based on what 'might be needed' to work. That has never worked for me and, I believe, is causing your trouble here, also. You need to build the Unibeast and then edit the installer with your final DSDT, smbios and kexts; get rid of all those 'temp' kexts - the 'temp' kexts are causing your issues. A big advantage to doing it this way is once you have booted the machine after install, you simply install Chameleon, install the updated kexts, copy the boot USB's /extra folder and you are finished!

I will be happy to share my particulars once I get the new machine which is due on Thur May 9 ... or so they say. I always use the latest Chameleon - Chimera has never worked for any of my Dells. I cannot give you final files today because, as I said, my current 17R is the 3D and the video is not supported. So I may need to tweak the DSDT and kexts for the video support, at least.

Also looking at converting a Dell 17R SE 7720 to Mountain Lion - does it work? Any hints would be much appreciated.

I have just installed Mavericks on this laptop but my graphics card is the 4000. I had all the issues you have stated while trying to install. I noticed a comment in the unibeast install of Mavericks for desktops suggesting to add a DSDT to the extras folder on the unibeast drive. I tried that for the Dell and it worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back