Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 1720 SUCCESSFUL Hacbook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put both Kexts in and I lost trackpad! Keyboard still worked though.

My output for pmset -g is:

Active Profiles:
Battery Power -1
AC Power -1*
Currently in use:
hibernatemode 0
halfdim 1
lidwake 1
sleep 0
disksleep 10
ttyskeepawake 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
autorestart 1
displaysleep 25

I hope this means more to you than it does to me ;)

Just in the middle of a game of Canasta but thought I would reply quickly (will try changing pmset after the game).

My output on AC is:

Active Profiles:
Battery Power -1*
AC Power -1
Currently in use:
hibernatemode 3
halfdim 1
lidwake 1
sleep 60
disksleep 10
ttyskeepawake 1
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
displaysleep 10

If I type pmset in the terminal, will it change my hibernate mode for both battery and AC?

Back in a bit.

Odd. Hibernatemode 1 and 3 don't allow my lappy to wake from sleep properly, but if I kill the power by holding the button, when I turn it back on it resumes from where I left off!

It's just gone midnight here so I am going to turn in. Are you around later in the week and do you have an iChat account?

Thanks for the help... Nighty night :)

Hi,

First post :) Have a 1720 that i have been running OSX 10.6.4 on for a while now using another disti but it's time to get retail on it and up to 10.6.7. Its a T5550 based core2, 3gb ram and a pair of G.Skill 128GB SSD drives. I'll try and follow your initial instructions on installation and i presume if cool i'll submit any issues i have in this thread?

Cheers,

well, I love my 1720 with SL, its great, neer had a single failure yellow line.. installed 10.6.3 with combo update 10.6.4.
I had a hard time to get ethernet and trackpad clicking working, but now it seems to work....YAY!! :headbang:

- ethernet does work, with the AppleBCM440XEthernet.kext above, it did before, but it is not very stable, becomes slow..

- trackpad clicking, great, now it works:

" http://www.kexts.com/view/1107-two-fing ... -1720.html
Please remove all kext related to voodoops2 controller and copy ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip & AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.zip to system/library/extension. Once you copy it please run kext utility and reboot your hackintosh.
Please copy paste Trackpad.prefPane.zip to system/library/prefrencepanes."

but immedeatley after deleting the old kexts, as above, my battery keeps blinking? somethink power related with ApplePS2Controller? o_O o_O

another thing, during installation there was somethink like ´please delete temporary install folder afterwards´..I couldnt find it anywhere, I thought it is in /Extra..

cheers

no, I´m not using VoodooBattery.kext, after installation problems I avoid most Voodoo.. ;)
(ok, the PS2Controller is Voodoo-based, well..)
I guess the battery is crappy, I used it over a year together with AC, so..
(it is blinking 3x orange and 1x blue, it is to the right, above the Blutooth and WIFI symbol )
I tested it by running on battery only, to discharge, went down in about an hour..sad, its a nice 9cell..I was a bit shocked, because it began to blink with the PS2-Installation

THE ONLY THING I WANT TO MANAGE IS THE CRAPPY ETHERNET.. :x
I use it for downloads, so I NEED it..a pain in the arse. :mrgreen:
(I can live without sleep/shutdown, when I have good graphics..)

I´ll try this, too:
"add the line 'max_valid_dma_addr=1024' to your Kernel flags in your com.apple.Boot.plist."

cheers

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the absence of late - I have been without internet at my place since mid may (and no one seems to know why). Just wanted to log on at a friends house to say hello and looking forward to working with you guys on Lion :)

Ellnic.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm over at a relatives place for 24 hours so thought I would use their internet and give 10.6.8 a go.

First impressions are not promising on my end. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong here. I have updated to 10.6.8 using the combo updater then replaced the 2 kexts in S/L/E that you upped (SLKexts.zip). I didn't have sleepenabler (but I did have lidsleep) and I have used AppleHDADisabler for quite some time, so didn't remove AppleHDA.

When I reboot, the first thing I notice is how SLOOOW the system is. My battery status icon is gone, my wifi won't work and everything is very very laggy. It's as if I removed all but 512MB of RAM! So I removed lidsleep and voodoobattery from E/E and added the 10.6.7 IO80211 kext to S/L/E then rebooted. No change.

Is there something I am missing here? Is anyone else having similar issues? Luckily, the system I am experimenting on is my Rescue disk not my main install :)

EDIT: Ok, so replacing my SMBIOS.plist with the Multibeast 6,1 version and Bootloader with the Chimera bootloader from Multibeast has solved a lot of issues. I now have a snappy fast system again. My battery icon has returned, wifi is working and I haven't noticed any other issues except now the system freezes when I wake from sleep.

2ND EDIT:

Ok, it was something really stupidly simple. I forgot to do a "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0" - something which I did ages ago on my main install, but not my Rescue System. I use mode 0 (traditional sleep) because of the shutdown issue with the Nvidia card.

Now I have no issues with 10.6.8... so in summary:

1. Installed combo update
2. Replaced 3 kexts in S/L/E (AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IO80211Family.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext)
3. Updated to Chimera bootloader
4. Installed the Multibeast Macbook Pro 6,1 SMBIOS.plist
5. Open terminal and type "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0"
6. Repair Permissions
7. Reboot

:) Happy again. Now I just need to get back on the internet. :/

Yeah tell me about it! It would be quicker to get a new phone line. Because my Internet is not with British Telecom, and I am out in the middle of nowhere, the quality of the line is terrible. I never would have moved to this area if I knew how terrible is was for Internet! Thankfully, I plan to move somewhere else in about 18 months, and I know that they have 50Mbit fibre optic :p

Ahhhh.. of course, the board ID. I remember you posting about the big cat needing that. I will bare that in mind, maybe I should also be thinking about updating a few of my Kexts - like Voodoo battery.

The -a option for the pmset command means 'all'... not sure about -g...

* -c (charger), adjust settings used while connected to a charger
* -b (battery), adjust settings used when running off a battery
* -u (UPS), adjust settings used when running off a UPS
* -a (all, default) adjust settings for all scenarios

There is a wiki article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pmset

I literally just read this article before I posted, as I couldn't remember the command, but I remember having to do it when you mentioned it before :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back