Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 15 3542

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome news Rehabman. I'm just going to do a time machine backup just in case and then update tomorrow morning. Does the update delete the EFI partition on the drive? Thx again for your input on the update.

Updating does not affect the EFI partition.

Fantastic even better :D Thx Rehabman.

Hello Buoo,

no I didn't use the Codec Commander for my audio, just patched the AppleHDA and then just edited the sound patch "Layout Fix 12" and applied to my DSDT. Take a look at post #86 It's rather simple to do, so long as you follow the rules exactly. Please note though that this will only give you pc speaker audio, not HDMI audio.

You should be using config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist from the repository. I can't remember the link right now, but look thru the postings as I'm pretty sure Rehabman already posted the link several times.

I can tell you that I have applied all these patches to my DSDT and SSDT and this is what has worked for me.

Here is a small little guide you can try, please remember this is what has worked for me, and not guarantee it will work for anyone else.

1)Apply Syntax errors fix from step 14. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...iron-3x37-5x37-7x37-clover-install-guide.html

2) Next use the Parse_zero patch.

IF all goes well no more errors.

3)
Then I added these

[1] Rename GFX0 to IGPU
[2] 7-series USB
[3] SMBUS Fix
[4 RTC Fix
[5] Shutdown Fix 2
[6] HPET Fix
[7] OS Check Fix
[8] AC Adapter Fix
[9] Add MCHC
[10] Fix _WAK arg0 2
[11] Add IMEI

[12] Make sure your patched AppleHDA.kext is already installed with Kext Wizard before using the Sound patch “Layout Audio 12”. After sound patch, then I applied [13] IRQ fix. This is the order that what worked best for me.
[13] Apply IRQ fix.

You should have no errors at this point, when you do an error check with MacIASL.

You will also need to patch the SSDT which contains GPU info.

I used these 3 patches on it.

[2.12] Rename GFX0 to IGPU
[2.05] Haswell HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
[2.11] Brightness fix (Haswell)

You should also have a look at this. I applied the changes from this tutorial as well.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Of course all this stuff is already part of the installing Clover on Laptops guide.

Hello Buoo, no I didn't use the Codec Commander for my audio, just patched the AppleHDA and then just edited the sound patch "Layout Fix 12" and applied to my DSDT. Take a look at post #86 It's rather simple to do, so long as you follow the rules exactly. Please note though that this will only give you pc speaker audio, not HDMI audio.

CodecCommander.kext is used to solve lack of audio after sleep/wake cycle (due to no support in AppleHDA for EAPD). It can also be used to fix other bugs post-wake from sleep.

The need for it depends on whether you have any of these audio issues post-wake.

Hello Buoo, no I didn't use the Codec Commander for my audio, just patched the AppleHDA and then just edited the sound patch "Layout Fix 12" and applied to my DSDT. Take a look at post #86 It's rather simple to do, so long as you follow the rules exactly. Please note though that this will only give you pc speaker audio, not HDMI audio.

I'm using a patched Applehda too, but Codec Commander doesn't work in my case then i made a little script to solve the problem.
https://github.com/buoo/AudioReset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back