Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000/ 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm having trouble installing El Capitan on my Dell Inspiron 3521. Basically what the problem is attempt boot into El Capitan with a 8GB USB3 flash drive and after the boot screens stalls and does not finish booting into the installer. I have attached a link to the video of the whole boot sequence to see if there is something that happens earlier the process, I have also attached my EFI/CLOVER. I have already disabled graphics injection but that did not work. I have also followed Rehabman's guide to install El Capitan using Clover. Also I downloaded El Capitan from the Mac App Store. Any help is appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 166
I'm having trouble installing El Capitan on my Dell Inspiron 3521. Basically what the problem is attempt boot into El Capitan with a 8GB USB3 flash drive and after the boot screens stalls and does not finish booting into the installer. I have attached a link to the video of the whole boot sequence to see if there is something that happens earlier the process, I have also attached my EFI/CLOVER. I have already disabled graphics injection but that did not work. I have also followed Rehabman's guide to install El Capitan using Clover. Also I downloaded El Capitan from the Mac App Store. Any help is appreciated thanks!

Boot verbose, show photo.

Boot verbose, show photo.
Here is my verbose boot photo
IMG_2750.PNG

Normal boot so far. Be patient... booting the installer from USB is not quick.

Note: XOSI SSDT is ineffective with the _OSI->XOSI patch disabled.
This has been like this for about 20 minutes, the mouse is functional though (for example it enlarges when I move it rapidly) so is this a definite graphics problem?
image.jpeg

This has been like this for about 20 minutes, the mouse is functional though (for example it enlarges when I move it rapidly) so is this a definite graphics problem?
View attachment 199685

Boot without graphics injection to isolate...

Is that a verbose boot?

Could also be a USB problem. Make sure you try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 stick.

Boot without graphics injection to isolate...

Is that a verbose boot?

Could also be a USB problem. Make sure you try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 stick.
Yes the picture is what happens after DSMOS arrives. I also tried both USB2 and USB3 stick and I received the same result.

Yes the picture is what happens after DSMOS arrives. I also tried both USB2 and USB3 stick and I received the same result.

Must try all USB ports with each kind of stick. Be patient in each case.

You can boot without graphics injection to eliminate graphics issues as a possible problem.

Must try all USB ports with each kind of stick. Be patient in each case.

You can boot without graphics injection to eliminate graphics issues as a possible problem.
Thanks Rehabman! I was successful in installingEl Capitan on my laptop! Thanks for all your help in the process!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back