Graphics
Intel HD 4400,1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been trying to install Mavericks on my dell inspiron 3437.
I've created a usb installer using unibeast.

I've reached the chimera boot screen.

But, when I choose mavericks, it will show the apple load screen for a split second and shutdown.
I've tried the verbose flag and it just shows that its reading kext files and then shutdown.

My processor is intel core i3-4010U and intel HD 4000/4200* graphics.
*I'm not sure yet.

It has Ubuntu already installed on it.

Can anybody help me on this?

------
I followed Rehabman post on patching mach_kernel for haswell processors.
And used these flags from a thread on dell inspiron 7537 to get past the apple screen with the stuck wheel: IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

But After I have chosen the language for installation.
I get an "Installation couldn't be completed error"
with this log:
"Could not write to /var/log/CDIS.custom"

-----
I recreated the unibeast usb installer and the installation went through.

And then it stops at 16 minutes remaining and shuts down after a while

I did a fresh install. It worked (I keep pressing the space bar when I think it's stuck, I don't know it had any effect).
I opened multi beast and I really don't what options to choose here so I just tick on things that I think are right. then Build and Install.

When I restarted the laptop. it won't boot using its hard drive.
It just display's four or five boot errors.

This is all I get when booting from the hard drive:
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT

boot0: error

solved this by following instructions from boot0:error post
-----

I still don't know how to apply patches on DSDT's or whatever.
Another problem is the speeding-up of things, I don't know how to use chimera or clover boot loader

My processor is intel core i3-4010U and intel HD 4000/4200* graphics.
*I'm not sure yet.

HD4400: http://ark.intel.com/products/75107/

And then it stops at 16 minutes remaining and shuts down after a while

Make sure you keep the display "awake" by pressing a key periodically. It is likely you install worked just fine and actually finished, but the screen stopped updating.

I opened multi beast and I really don't what options to choose here so I just tick on things that I think are right. then Build and Install.

For power management and initial setup after a fresh install, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Haswell is similar to Ivy, except you should use a Haswell-appropriate smbios and there is no need to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I still don't know how to apply patches on DSDT's or whatever.
Another problem is the speeding-up of things, I don't know how to use chimera or clover boot loader[/COLOR]

Not sure what you mean by "speeding-up of things". Assuming you have power management properly implemented, next step would be to enable your HD4400 graphics. Install Chameleon, and use IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y.

Hi, I've now created an ssdt through maciASL specific for my processor and use chameleon.
The speeding of clock is gone. I haven't check how my ssdt has worked though.

I've used intelAzulFB=12 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes
But I'm not sure if it works because I still there are flickers on some animations like in safari, or chess.
Does this mean that I'm unable to use graphics acceleration?

Hi, I've now created an ssdt through maciASL specific for my processor and use chameleon.
The speeding of clock is gone. I haven't check how my ssdt has worked though.

MaciASL cannot create an SSDT appropriate for Haswell CPUs (only Sandy Bridge).

You're better off using Pike's script: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm.html

I've used intelAzulFB=12 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes
But I'm not sure if it works because I still there are flickers on some animations like in safari, or chess.
Does this mean that I'm unable to use graphics acceleration?

If you're getting flickers then you probably don't have QE/CI working yet. Keep in mind it is IntelAzulFB, not intelAzulFB. And, of course, it only works if you're using Chameleon (Chimera uses different flags).

You also must be using a Haswell-era smbios (eg. iMac14,2, MacBookPro11,2, or MacBookAir6,2).

So, I redid my Mavericks installation, I didn't run Multibeast for post installation and instead only installed chameleon. It won't boot at first, until I added FakeSMC.kext (though I don't know what this kest does).

And graphics acceleration seem to work now (e.g. moving pieces on chess is animated now).

MaciASL cannot create an SSDT appropriate for Haswell CPUs (only Sandy Bridge).

You're better off using Pike's script: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906...bridge-pm.html
Hi, I've used the script. I can't connect to the internet yet so I downloaded the script file itself, add iasl on /usr/bin/local/ and ran the script like this:
Code:
./ ssdtPRGen.sh
I can't seem to put arguments like "1700 15" or "i3-4010U"(found invalid argument error), only the command above produced an ssdt.

I used the ssdt in place of my old Maciasl ssdt and I ran DCPIManager for ML and it said I only have p8, p17 pstates (which was the same for the MacIasl ssdt).
Is this alright?
I forgot to actually try it, but would I be able to use sleep with these pstates? and if not, is there a way I could actually do that, enable sleep?

So, I redid my Mavericks installation, I didn't run Multibeast for post installation and instead only installed chameleon. It won't boot at first, until I added FakeSMC.kext (though I don't know what this kest does).

And graphics acceleration seem to work now (e.g. moving pieces on chess is animated now).

Hi, I've used the script. I can't connect to the internet yet so I downloaded the script file itself, add iasl on /usr/bin/local/ and ran the script like this:
Code:
./ ssdtPRGen.sh
I can't seem to put arguments like "1700 15" or "i3-4010U"(found invalid argument error), only the command above produced an ssdt.

I used the ssdt in place of my old Maciasl ssdt and I ran DCPIManager for ML and it said I only have p8, p17 pstates (which was the same for the MacIasl ssdt).
Is this alright?
I forgot to actually try it, but would I be able to use sleep with these pstates? and if not, is there a way I could actually do that, enable sleep?

What smbios are you using?

Also,
Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back