Contribute
Register

Dell 7020 - Using only onboard HD4600 GPU - Build Files and Overview for the experienced. 4k ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monitors look the best scaled to 2560 x 1440 when they are 16:9 aspect and 5K.

I do have an Optiplex 3060 with the exact same display running at 2560x1440 HiDPI and it is looking excellent. With the 7020 i had the option in display settings a couple days ago but then i messed up and lost the EFI. Now i can't get it back no matter what i do :/

I do have an Optiplex 3060 with the exact same display running at 2560x1440 HiDPI and it is looking excellent. With the 7020 i had the option in display settings a couple days ago but then i messed up and lost the EFI. Now i can't get it back no matter what i do :/
Try installing the SwitchResX app and see if that gives you the option.

Already tried all HiDPI mods, RDM and Resxtreme - they allow me to set 2560x1440 but it looks ugly as hell as it scaled and not HiDPI. And i definetely had it working without any EDID mod a couple days ago which drives me mad :banghead:

@StSc - rename and drop the config.plist from this thread into /Clover - edit it to enable anything that's disabled and then choose it to boot from - does it give you the res?

Last edited:
@nicksoph & @trs96 -- I recreated the USB and properly installed Clover_v2.4k_r4961-UEFI cleaned up my Mojave clover as directed, thank you.

The USB install now reaches a full install bar (1st stage) and stalls with kexts stall[0], (240s): 'IGPU'. for four iterations before continuing to gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sum 0x0 where it gets stuck forever (left it for 60 min). Which might be progress, as I can still see the verbose output still on the monitor, whereas before it flashed black before monitor output ceased.

My Catalina install did not have the same duplicate folder problem, but nevertheless I recreated it, this time deleting EFI before running the r4961 clover. It still stalls at the same issue gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sum 0x0

Removing /ACPI/patched/SSDT-USB.aml did not get me far.

Booting the USB with 1920x1080 to get to the actual OSX installer might work. Could you give some guidance (or your config) how to make the change?

Lastly, thanks for posting the screen shots on removing Mac OSX from the boot menu. I am checking the setting at each boot, however I haven't see this yet, maybe because the install process hasn't touched the HD/SDD yet?

Lastly, thanks for posting the screen shots on removing Mac OSX from the boot menu. I am checking the setting at each boot, however I haven't see this yet, maybe because the install process hasn't touched the HD/SDD yet?
Which of these two video outputs are you using ?

Screen Shot.jpg

Which of these two video outputs are you using ?

View attachment 447832

#2, Display Port to DP to LG 27GL83A, 1440p monitor.

As mentioned, I have to unselect/untick Legacy Options Roms as it will not output DP if selected, only VGA.

Advanced Boot Options
[ x ] Enable Legacy Option Roms - Selected (May be set like this by default)

Last edited:
I have to unselect/untick Legacy Options Roms as it will not output DP if selected, only VGA.
That's different than with all the other form factors. LOR enabled doesn't seem to prevent booting with Catalina even with an AMD graphics card installed. Maybe @nicksoph has some ideas why that is.

Display Port to DP to LG 27GL83A
This graphics problem is likely due to the uncommon i7-4875T CPU you are using. That was never used in any of the other form factors. Try booting with the iMac 14,1 SMBIOS and see what happens.

Looks like it also uses a completely different BIOS than the USFF, SFF and MT models too.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Last edited:
That's different than with all the other form factors. LOR enabled doesn't seem to prevent booting with Catalina even with an AMD graphics card installed. Maybe @nicksoph has some ideas why that is.

Sorry for clarity, my LOR is disabled (not ticked).
Guide recommends enabling it, which I cannot do.

Latest (and only) BIOS is A19 which included some security patches. Not sure if that makes a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back