Contribute
Register

Dell 5290 2 in 1

Hello,I have setup my 5290 2in1 with your EFI,thanks for that.
And May I ask,have you fix the problem with the touchscreen and multi-touch?

I didn't use that EFI setup for long, as I couldn't get multi-touch gestures to work (however I only played with it for a minute before going back to Catalina) but I would assume it has something to do with you having both USBInjectAll and USBPorts activated in the kexts folder. The config.plist file wasn't fully optimised so it's likely some conflict here or there.

Out of curiosity, did the touchscreen work with multi touch for you? I want to go with Big Sur and this was the last major bug I saw, but I'm tired of reinstalling over the last few days!
Hey! so which one are you using? A slightly more stable one without touch screen? Would love to see it ~

Thanks

Did anyone ever work upload the efi that had almost everything working with the usbs too?

hello, I am very much interested on having this working on my 2-1. Where you able to run the cover keyboard?
I am getting SMART errors on my nvme, so im stucked on the install.
I thought windwos would've let me know my disk was not good already

hello, I am very much interested on having this working on my 2-1. Where you able to run the cover keyboard?
I am getting SMART errors on my nvme, so im stucked on the install.
I thought windwos would've let me know my disk was not good already
Hey man it's working well for me. Battery life sucks though.
Cover keyboard works too

As far as smart errors... You can confirm by doing the install on an external drive / ssd.

If having smart errors, may need to reformat nvme or buy another and clone to it.

Cover keyboard works too

As far as smart errors... You can confirm by doing the install on an external drive / ssd.

If having smart errors, may need to reformat nvme or buy another and clone to it.
yup... im changing my nvme... seems this one is faulty

in your install was the cover keyboard working during install? weird thing is i did not have working cover keyboard during install but the touchscreen was working fine. as reported here, it should not be working LOL

looking to do dual boot with osx, how bad is battery life in osx?

Ooo ok, I can take a look at that. I thought both USBInjectAll and USBPorts were supposed to be activated. Are you able to post your EFI?
The touchscreen didn't work with multi-touch, but it's working which is the biggest thing!
just got a new nvme, im installing it on the computer in a few minutes. Ill try to install and let you know.

I am using the EFI that is on this thread

Cover keyboard works too

hey @TripleYoThreat was the keyboard only working or was it keyboard and trackpad working from the cover case?

right now my cover trackpad is not working from any of the EFI on the thread

got trackpad working after downloading karabiner-Elements!! idk if anyone got it working with other methods...

is anyone able to fix brightness in here?

got trackpad working after downloading karabiner-Elements!! idk if anyone got it working with other methods...

is anyone able to fix brightness in here?
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Back