Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 920 - OpenCore
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
HD620, 3840x2160
Why does this forum keep deleting my threads??

Every time I try to post a guide for a laptop (that I have working at least 80-90%) my thread gets deleted. It would be nice if I could ACTUALLY post a guide.. thank you.

Please note, I read and follow the rules. At the very least, can a moderator let me know what is going on before deleting my thread.. again...

Why does this forum keep deleting my threads??

Every time I try to post a guide for a laptop (that I have working at least 80-90%) my thread gets deleted. It would be nice if I could ACTUALLY post a guide.. thank you.

Please note, I read and follow the rules. At the very least, can a moderator let me know what is going on before deleting my thread.. again...

Hi there.

I've done a quick check as far as I'm able to, and think your problem might be because a guide you wrote used a non-supported way of creating a macOS USB installer. Generally we can only offer guides to others if we have knowledge of, and can support, the process involved etc.

So far we only support and publish the "createinstallmedia" and OpenCore methods for creating a Big Sur USB installer, and to some extent gibmacOS.

Despite that, glad your build was successful. Was there any reason why you had to use an off-site method?

:)

Hi there.

I've done a quick check as far as I'm able to, and think your problem might be because a guide you wrote used a non-supported way of creating a macOS USB installer. Generally we can only offer guides to others if we have knowledge of, and can support, the process involved etc.

So far we only support and publish the "createinstallmedia" and OpenCore methods for creating a Big Sur USB installer, and to some extent gibmacOS.

Despite that, glad your build was successful. Was there any reason why you had to use an off-site method?

:)

Thanks for your kind and helpful reply.

That tool I mentioned required way fewer steps. Also, glibmacOS didn't have MacOS 11.1 when I tried it. If that's the problem I'll remove it from the thread I was trying to post then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back