Graphics
AMD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed the official drivers but when starting the wireless software the application just keps bouncing and nerver starts. Anyone got your device working?

I used this link and installed the RTL8192SU mac OS X 10.8 driver. I installed it but it wont open.

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...peID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8192SU

It is the same link, although the thing to be careful of is the correct software is RTL8192SU, which is well down the page - is it possible that you have installed the wrong one, that is the only thing that would seem to make sense - it will not open if it does not detect the correct hardware.

Try removing the offending drivers and download from RTL8192SU section.

Adrian B

It is the same link, although the thing to be careful of is the correct software is RTL8192SU, which is well down the page - is it possible that you have installed the wrong one, that is the only thing that would seem to make sense - it will not open if it does not detect the correct hardware.

Try removing the offending drivers and download from RTL8192SU section.

Adrian B

Im sure i installed the right version, but im not sure if it detects the USB dongel as it doesn't light up as it should do when its working. I get no WiFi icon in the menu bar either, and there is no option for enabling WiFi in the networks preference window and the DWA 131 doesn't show up in the list. Do you think i need to install some usb or WiFi kexts to get it to work?

Yes it is a REV A1, and no, i dont get the wireless network utility coming up when i boot.

Hmm? You have it plugged into a USB2 socket and not a USB3 socket. I can't think of anything else that might be causing a problem unless there is a driver conflict with something else. I am running out of ideas too.

Adrian B

Hmm? You have it plugged into a USB2 socket and not a USB3 socket. I can't think of anything else that might be causing a problem unless there is a driver conflict with something else. I am running out of ideas too.

Adrian B
Yes, i dont have any USB3 sockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back