Contribute
Register

Customizing SSDT: Power Management Optimization on 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick report, the only way i was able to get a correct spread in a Z77-UD5H and 2700K with either stock or overcooking SSDT from MultiBEast was to use the MacMini 5,3 SMBIOS.

Hope it helps some users who are in trying every possible combination to get it working correctly.

Can you upload the file here the mac mini 5.3 please

leotecasi said:
I'm not a hardcore user, after I update to 10.7.4 my pc started to reboot itself from time to time.

I installed from the last multibeast the standard ssdt for my core i5, but didn't worked, still rebooting.

any ideas? (with 10.7.3 was fine)

Core i5 2500 ( no k, no overclock)
ATI 5570
GAH67MAUD2H-b3
I have the same issue, even with ssdt (stock i7, not overclocked) I started to experience boot loop. Sometimes not, though, especially after resetting cmos, removing mobo battery, leaving my machine off and unplugged for 6-8 hours. Tried a lot of BIOS settings (default, load-fail safe, frequencies, core and dimm voltage, etc...), no luck. Googleing around I came up to a mobo issue, affecting some gigabyte mobos and named "cold boot". I'm thinking about a mobo exchange, pretty tired of instability :crazy:
Would you let me know if you had success with your rig, please?
EDIT: I've opened a new topic
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=63301
maybe we're not alone ;)

Hey guys,

Listen to this weirdness.

GA-z77x-ud5h
2700k @ 1.33V (temps under 60 at load)
Corsair H80 with cougar push pull
Lion 10.7.3

I have tried every combination of disabling/enabling C and P states, EIST, C1E and Turbo and can't get the multiplier to go above 44 in hardware monitor. I have it set to 45 and turbo to 47 (I have tried many combinations of this as well). There is no option in this bios to allow or disallow the OS to control multipliers real time. The weird part is that when I run geekbench with C1e off and EIST off (turbo enabled at above values) the system idles at 44, then drops to 43 under load o_O I don't want to deal with the SSDT stuff so figured 10.7.3 is the way to go (plus its not Pro Tools Qualified yet, I think), and I've built many stable PT systems under 10.7.3. I'm pretty much at a loss here. No matter what I do, I can't get the multiplier above 44. Any ideas?

Update:

I just downloaded and ran SMC Monitor and my P and C states list is full of awesome frequencies I should be able to hit. My goal is 4700 but right now I'm stuck at 4400 (and sometimes down to 4300 even though the that P State doesn't exist in the list. Any ideas?

I do not have "generate P and C states in my bootlist"

o19MediaGroup said:
Hey guys,

Listen to this weirdness.

GA-z77x-ud5h
2700k @ 1.33V (temps under 60 at load)
Corsair H80 with cougar push pull
Lion 10.7.3

I have tried every combination of disabling/enabling C and P states, EIST, C1E and Turbo and can't get the multiplier to go above 44 in hardware monitor. I have it set to 45 and turbo to 47 (I have tried many combinations of this as well). There is no option in this bios to allow or disallow the OS to control multipliers real time. The weird part is that when I run geekbench with C1e off and EIST off (turbo enabled at above values) the system idles at 44, then drops to 43 under load o_O I don't want to deal with the SSDT stuff so figured 10.7.3 is the way to go (plus its not Pro Tools Qualified yet, I think), and I've built many stable PT systems under 10.7.3. I'm pretty much at a loss here. No matter what I do, I can't get the multiplier above 44. Any ideas?

Apple power management kext does not support anything over 4.2GHz.

minihack said:
Apple power management kext does not support anything over 4.2GHz.

This simply a false statement.
it was confirmed many times over that 10.7.4 APCM kext supports any cpu speed with proper SSDT and BIOS settings.

Update: Mountain Lion has a new AICPM kext that no longer works with 4.8GHZ overclock using SSDT, 2700K and Z77X-UD5H

ssdt is not difrent to use dsdt

test pstates with MSRDumper. HWmonitor is not good at reading turbo states

This simply a false statement.
it was confirmed many times over that 10.7.4 APCM kext supports any cpu speed with proper SSDT and BIOS settings.

I am sorry. Actually I do not understand yet about custom ssdt in my machine

Asus A43SV VX270D
Intel Core i3 2330 2.2GHz
Mountain Lion 10.8.2

I have extract ssdt but there are so many until 5 ssdt, which one that I have to edit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back