Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd follow any of the generic guides to upgrading-- like the official one TonyMac put out when Lion was released. That's what I did. Just keep in mind the MultiBeast options from this thread to figure out what to select.

To install Snow Leopard (or complete the installation to 10.6.8), follow the last link in my signature block.

To install Lion, see the UniBeast link in my signature block.

Note: NotShy's MultiBeast Configuration is old and several of those items he picked are now defaults in MultiBeast v3.10+ for Snow Leopard - see page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document that comes with the MultiBeast zip file. For instance, the default boot loader is Chimera, the 64bit Apple Screen Boot Option and the MacPro3,1 is the default System Definition. You'll want the defaults. Same thing for MultiBeast for Lion v4.2+.

For other appropriate MultiBeast configurations, see the MultiBeast Configurations screen snapshots in my signature block. Also look for similar build descriptions in the User Builds forum section to see how others were successful.

justruss said:
I'd follow any of the generic guides to upgrading-- like the official one TonyMac put out when Lion was released. That's what I did. Just keep in mind the MultiBeast options from this thread to figure out what to select.

Stork said:
To install Snow Leopard (or complete the installation to 10.6.8), follow the last link in my signature block.

To install Lion, see the UniBeast link in my signature block.

Note: NotShy's MultiBeast Configuration is old and several of those items he picked are now defaults in MultiBeast v3.10+ for Snow Leopard - see page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document that comes with the MultiBeast zip file. For instance, the default boot loader is Chimera, the 64bit Apple Screen Boot Option and the MacPro3,1 is the default System Definition. You'll want the defaults. Same thing for MultiBeast for Lion v4.2+.

For other appropriate MultiBeast configurations, see the MultiBeast Configurations screen snapshots in my signature block. Also look for similar build descriptions in the User Builds forum section to see how others were successful.

Thank you, folks, for the tips!

I will study these guides, e plan the upgrade in my system.

As i do a lot of video editing, i need to install media composer 6 in my hack, but it requires lion to run!

Thanks again, guys!

Hi.

My x58a-UD3R went down; it's still on warranty, the problem is the vendor doesn't have any stock of this model and offers me these instead:

SAPPHIRE PURE BLAX X58
MSI X58M

Would it work with any of those?

Thanks

prog said:
Hi.

My x58a-UD3R went down; it's still on warranty, the problem is the vendor doesn't have any stock of this model and offers me these instead:

SAPPHIRE PURE BLAX X58
MSI X58M

Would it work with any of those?

Thanks
Not unless you have a DSDT and Audio, network and USB support.
Those are the items you need to see if they are supported.

If its under warranty then it can be RMA'ed which the vendor should do which will leave you with out for maybe at most 3 weeks.

honestly: either get the same board or get an ivy bridge compatible chipset (i "think" its Z77, not sure, my info not up to date) ... either the vendor has to offer you the same product on warranty or you pick an upgrade for a similar retail price.

Hi everyone, I hope this thread is not dead :eek:

I have an exact customac build as this thread and have a no problems with 10.6.7 for a year or more.

After getting the flashback virus I wiped the drive and reinstalled 10.6.8 according to Storks guide. but now I am having a constant problem with not being able to wake from sleep and when I force the machine to restart it gives me a kernel panic restart screen.

Sometimes I'm able to restart after that normally but others I have to do -x boot and run kext utility and disk utility, then it will restart untill it falls asleep again.

My extras folder has,
DSDT.aml, extensions.mkext, org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and smbios.plist

My extensions folder has,
ACPIMonitor.kext
ALC8xxHDA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelCPUMonitor.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
NVClockX.kext
RadeonMonitor.kext
SuperIOFamily.kext

Any idea how to fix this issue?
Do I need sleepenabler.kext?

What GPU?

Did you try a fresh install with USER DSDT checked off with Snow Leopard Multibeast (of course installing with current DSDT) And not choosing anything else?

eelhead said:
What GPU?

Did you try a fresh install with USER DSDT checked off with Snow Leopard Multibeast (of course installing with current DSDT) And not choosing anything else?

I have batmobile GPU.
I'm not sure I follow your question.
Are you saying to.. from my current state of 10.6.8, run SL multibeast with "UserDSDT Install" unchecked, or do you mean checked, and then leave all others unchecked and not worry about having my dsdt file on the desktop?

I have not tried that but will if i understand you correctly.

Also, a post by stork was right after yours but disappeared somehow. I think he asked if I ran update helper before the combo 10.6.8.. I did not and didn't see it in the guide on page one.

My ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext is version 4.7.0 created 7/31/09.

Am i supposed to run update helper now and reinstall 10.6.8 again, or maybe swap the ACPI plugin by hand..or do I need to start over from scratch and this time run update helper?

It looked like the update helper was for sandy bridge, do we need it for X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770.

Thanks to both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back