Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this exact same build and followed this guide months ago and never posted in this thread thanking the OP for the fabulous job he did. thank you man!

Ok dont know whats going wrong. loaded iboot disk ..loaded iboot.... removed iboot disk...loaded retail 10.6.3 sl disk...waited 10 secs....hit f5...brought up sl install disc clicked on it...got apple logo screen with rotating circle underneath it... after about 15 sect get a circle with a line through it at the top of the apple... circle keeps spinning underneath. and hangs there any ideas?

Update: reset cmos and just changed a few settings. 64 bit, achi. but then my HD was not getting recognised as sone as i moved from ide mode. solution..I moved HD to Sata port 4 and cdrom to Sata port 5. Installed SL and at reboot installed iboot disk went to part saying "verifying DMI pool data" and i see the progress dots move then it just hangs there... any ideas?

The auto sleep is set for an hour, but I don't remember ever seeing it autosleep.

I've put it to sleep and tried to wake it right afterward, and it has shut down. I don't think its the length of the sleep.

Anyone else having trouble on this system w/ the new Chimera1.5.4/Multibeast 4.0.3? I tried upgrading to fix iCloud support, and now my Lion install kernel panics on boot. I've tried lots of different variations, no luck. Anyone else run into this issue? Please let me know if so!

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=35986

This thread seems like the right place for this...

For the past few weeks I have been trying to install Retail SL 10.6 DVD using iBoot 3.2 with absolutely no success whatsoever. I have not made it to the actual install screen, ever. I boot with iBoot, swap for SL DVD, refresh, then hit enter...I get to the gray screen with the pinwheel and after about 15-20 sec. the computer powers off, that's it. I have tried every possible combination I could find in this and other forums. (-v -x etc.) When I use GraphicsEnabler=No then the screen goes black and the vga fan kicks to 100%. Really there is so much that I have tried I am not even going to post it here. I could really use some advice here and if you have something you would like me to try specifically then I will report back in much more detail. Thanks guys!!!

Great Guide! Did a brand new install and everything works great so far (64 bit yay!). Only hiccup was Multibeast failed install at the end. However I cross checked kext and installed those it skipped over (weird). Could be because my custom DSDT file showed up on my desktop as a terminal (unix) file icon when transferred from a usb drive. Still had the .aml extension on it and named exactly the same so maybe it's not.

Flashed my mobo to FF bios and what a huge difference it makes (was FA). There is more then one place where it needs to be changed to AHCI in the bios (about 3-4 I remember). As a lot of new options appear in the bios.

For those having problems absolutely go through "Power management" and "Integrated Peripherals" in your bios. And be sure all Sata's are changed to AHCI mode.

On SL Disc Install progress went to 40% and stopped (with 30 minutes remaining). I had thought it froze but stayed patient and waited. 15 minutes later (even with it still stuck at 40%) the progress zoomed to 100% in a second and restarted.

Updates went fine. Sleep works for the first time. Happy camper! Took about an hour.

I'm going to try a fresh install tonight to see if I can get multibeast to not fail install. My DMI pool log takes a while for it to get past. Want to make sure there are no bugs.

I noticed some reporting that the multibeast is failing at rebuild cache? Can I run multibeast without system utilities checked first. Then just run system utilities right after?

I'm going to redownload the DSDT file also. I'm really starting to think that it having a defaulted terminal icon made it corrupt at multibeast install.

Came home tonight to a boot loop... WTF! Actually one of my memory sticks went bad. Explains why it was taking so long for DMI log. And why bios would revert my Ram timings. So things are really fast and snappy now running 10.6.8. Didn't have to reinstall after all... however.

I took a snapshot of the verbose at start up as I see some things failed and was wondering if that's normal or not. Starts after the "Running fsck on boot volume...". If anyone could give me some insight that would be great! (See attached)

Attachments

• DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 207
Thx a lot for all this advices !!!! I follow this for my build and all works very well but for the graphik card i've already a hd5670 and she's work fine with.

I've just sometimes a kernel panic in boot but when i reboot all is fine .

Sorry for my bad english :?

Yatis (from France)

yatis said:
Thx a lot for all this advices !!!! I follow this for my build and all works very well but for the graphik card i've already a hd5670 and she's work fine with.

I've just sometimes a kernel panic in boot but when i reboot all is fine .

Sorry for my bad english :?

Yatis (from France)

Hi already ,I'm live the same country to Yatis and sorry for my bad english too :)

I Have a same problems to kernel panic look the pictures
photo1pub.jpg

photoema.jpg

Can I help me please ? I'm noobies in Hackintosh

I Wait the answers thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back