Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
notshy said:
I will be downloading Loin and performing testing this week. I'm sure that Tony will be adding a blog post soon on this given the posts he's made already with an install guide.

I would seriously consider getting a spare hard drive to test with a clean Lion install on 1st. Check you are happy with how it works and then either:
- use Migration Assistant to migrate things over
- upgrade your snow leopard install to Lion.

Either way I cannot stress the importance of backing up prior to doing anything and I would seriously recommend using a spare HD. And you only need a 50GB drive (only 10-12 GB of OSX) for a clean install.

More info coming soon !

excellent cant wait :) alot of ppl confirm its working on insanlymac! :)

notshy said:
I will be downloading Loin and performing testing this week. I'm sure that Tony will be adding a blog post soon on this given the posts he's made already with an install guide.

I would seriously consider getting a spare hard drive to test with a clean Lion install on 1st. Check you are happy with how it works and then either:
- use Migration Assistant to migrate things over
- upgrade your snow leopard install to Lion.

Either way I cannot stress the importance of backing up prior to doing anything and I would seriously recommend using a spare HD. And you only need a 50GB drive (only 10-12 GB of OSX) for a clean install.

More info coming soon !

sweet man, will wait for your expert advice. should we check back here?

Yes I will post back here - I'm on 1GB of 3.7GB from the Store but it's midnight so I will pick it up tomorrow.

@siriuxs - do you still have kexts in /E/E ? Move them to /S/L/E with KextBeast (drag kexts to the desktop then run KextBeast) then run both SystemUtils on MultiBeast and that should work better for you.

@Everyone else - there will be more info coming out soon in /E/E vs /S/L/E from Tony and I will also cover it so as I said - have a go with a test drive for now.

Hi, I followed the Guide in the First page step by step. For 10.6.7 everything Worked in 64Bit. Now i Tried to install 10.6.8 with multibeast 3.8 and iboot 3.1.1.
My Steps for a clean New install:
1. Install Snow leopards from retail DVD
2. Reboot with iboot
3. Install comboupdate 10.6.8
4. Run multibeast with the settings in the First page
5. reboot
And now Stuck i can't get into Osx( -x also fails, booting with iboot is the Same)
The only Thing i can See is the spinnig Wheel Running Forever.
In verbose mode i can See that the SMC_plugin initializing fails.
Any ideas of what i did wrong?
I also tried pci Root id fix and iofamily fix.
My specs: Ga-x58a-udr3 (ff), xfx Radeon 5770, Kingston RAM 4 gb 1333mhz;
Lg blu-Ray drive.

notshy said:
@siriuxs - do you still have kexts in /E/E ? Move them to /S/L/E with KextBeast (drag kexts to the desktop then run KextBeast) then run both SystemUtils on MultiBeast and that should work better for you.

Oh no... :( I have copyed all kext in /E/E in Desktop... After I run KextBeast... After I Run SystemUtils in MultiBeast and now... I Have a kernel Panic... nooooo.... :(

Why? :'(

Probably some kext aren't compatible with lion...

siriuxs said:
notshy said:

Oh no... :( I have copyed all kext in /E/E in Desktop... After I run KextBeast... After I Run SystemUtils in MultiBeast and now... I Have a kernel Panic... nooooo.... :(

Please note is said MOVE kexts to /S/L/E not COPY - have you removed them from /E/E ? If you have two lots then OSX won't be happy.

You can delete them using single user mode at Chimera boot screen.

notshy said:
siriuxs said:
notshy said:

Please note is said MOVE kexts to /S/L/E not COPY - have you removed them from /E/E ? If you have two lots then OSX won't be happy.

You can delete them using single user mode at Chimera boot screen.

Ok, very thanks... Now Lion is functionally... but the audio isn't functionally... :(

Schermata 07-2455764 alle 14.12.41.png

Attachments

• Schermata 07-2455764 alle 14.12.41.png
    Schermata 07-2455764 alle 14.12.41.png
    48 KB · Views: 157
Same here. Just updated to Lion. Everything fine, except audio doesn't work anymore.
All kexts are in /S/L/E. Just tried to run MultiBeast 3.8.0 again. Unfortunately no change whatsoever.

siriuxs said:
Ok, very thanks... Now Lion is functionally... but the audio isn't functionally... :(

Have you run USB rollback ? That will install AppleHDA from 10.6.2 but I'm not 100% sure if it will work in Lion - have a go. You will need both the rollback AppleHDA and ALC8XX also in /S/L/E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back