Contribute
Register

CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.7+64bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CustoMac Pro Install Guide (X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770+10.6.6+64bit)

I just run only MAC OSx and I want a perfect Hackintosh... I'm not a expert and I want follow this guide step by step...

I can buy the Batmobile version and change the defaupt cooler with a fanless cooler

Excuse me for bad english, but I'm italian...

You know, oddly enough, iBoot version 2.6.2 does not work with this motherboard. Can anyone else confirm this?

igianni84 said:
I just run only MAC OSx and I want a perfect Hackintosh... I'm not a expert and I want follow this guide step by step...

I can buy the Batmobile version and change the defaupt cooler with a fanless cooler

Excuse me for bad english, but I'm italian...

It would be quite a lot of work to take the fan off a graphics card as they are glued pretty strongly directly onto the graphics processor and you could damage the card doing so. The card really isn't that noisy

TheGregGeek said:
You know, oddly enough, iBoot version 2.6.2 does not work with this motherboard. Can anyone else confirm this?

I can check tomorrow

notshy said:
igianni84 said:
Hi, I want buy the silent version of Gigabyte HD 5770 (Link: http://www.trovaprezzi.it/categoria.asp ... x=&sbox=sb)... Is the same of the Batmobile version?

Please DO NOT BUY A NON-REFERENCE ATI 5770 CARD

Reference = 2 x DVI + HDMI + Display Port
Non-reference = anything else usually only 1xDVI

It should be possible to make this work but you will need to experiment with different frame buffers.

If you want a silent cell card - I'd maybe go for the nVidia 9800 GT silent cell:
http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3104

Do you do a lot of gaming in Windows or would be using the Hack more exclusively in OSX for non-gaming?

The shappire version (2xhdmi + dvi + Display port) is the same of batmobile version? The shappire cost 96€ and gigabyte cost 116€...

notshy said:
TheGregGeek said:

I can check tomorrow

That would be great as I seem to be stuck with the latest iBoot (only tried downloading and running in the last day or so).

Here's what I have:

• Gigabyte X58A-UD3R revision 2.0, latest BIOS (FE).[/*:m:1u5cl8cp]
  • Intel i7 950[/*:m:1u5cl8cp]
  • Corsair HX3X12G1600C9 12Gb triple channel kit (only 2 sticks (4Gb) installed currently in slots 1 & 3)[/*:m:1u5cl8cp]
  • Gigabyte HD5770 1Gb (R577UD-1GD) graphics card Batmobile version[/*:m:1u5cl8cp]
  • OCZ Vertex II 60Gb SSD[/*:m:1u5cl8cp]
  • Samsung SH-S223C SATA 22x DVDRW drive[/*:m:1u5cl8cp]

The system starts without any problems and I can get into Windows using an old drive I had lying around so I'm pretty sure all my hardware is ok.

I have the Snow Leopard retail version 10.6.3 DVD. When I try to install, I only have a USB mouse and keyboard plugged in plus a single monitor. The only hard drive connected is the unformatted SSD drive.

Using the latest iBoot (2.6.2 I think) burned to DVD, I can get to the main screen where I swap disks and select the OS X install DVD. From there it goes to the grey screen and spinning logo and sits there infinitely spinning :beachball:. I've tried -x safe mode and also the -v verbose output and there are no apparent errors but it just stops on the line beginning with "com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx ...." and that has the mac address. I tried disabling LAN and it gets to the same point pretty much (something about IOUSBFamily) and then hangs with no apparent errors.

I was very careful picking all the components and have checked all my BIOS settings (oddly my BIOS has extra options on some screens compared to all the other screenshots I've seen for the Gigabyte BIOS).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Even being able to try an older version like 2.6 or 2.6.1 of iBoot would be great. Anyone know where I can get a copy?

Thanks for your time and all the help so far with the guides! :)

I can confirm iboot 2.6.2 did not work for me on a GA-X58-UD7 revision 2.0. Used iboot 2.6.0 for the install. I also could not do the install with DSDT version FC. Changed to DSTS version FB and it all went well after that. I got KP's with ATI experimental every time I tried.

Hybrid said:
notshy said:
TheGregGeek said:

I can check tomorrow

That would be great as I seem to be stuck with the latest iBoot (only tried downloading and running in the last day or so).

Here's what I have:

• Gigabyte X58A-UD3R revision 2.0, latest BIOS (FE).[/*:m:3qavetdj]
  • Intel i7 950[/*:m:3qavetdj]
  • Corsair HX3X12G1600C9 12Gb triple channel kit (only 2 sticks (4Gb) installed currently in slots 1 & 3)[/*:m:3qavetdj]
  • Gigabyte HD5770 1Gb (R577UD-1GD) graphics card Batmobile version[/*:m:3qavetdj]
  • OCZ Vertex II 60Gb SSD[/*:m:3qavetdj]
  • Samsung SH-S223C SATA 22x DVDRW drive[/*:m:3qavetdj]

The system starts without any problems and I can get into Windows using an old drive I had lying around so I'm pretty sure all my hardware is ok.

I have the Snow Leopard retail version 10.6.3 DVD. When I try to install, I only have a USB mouse and keyboard plugged in plus a single monitor. The only hard drive connected is the unformatted SSD drive.

Using the latest iBoot (2.6.2 I think) burned to DVD, I can get to the main screen where I swap disks and select the OS X install DVD. From there it goes to the grey screen and spinning logo and sits there infinitely spinning :beachball:. I've tried -x safe mode and also the -v verbose output and there are no apparent errors but it just stops on the line beginning with "com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx ...." and that has the mac address. I tried disabling LAN and it gets to the same point pretty much (something about IOUSBFamily) and then hangs with no apparent errors.

I was very careful picking all the components and have checked all my BIOS settings (oddly my BIOS has extra options on some screens compared to all the other screenshots I've seen for the Gigabyte BIOS).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Even being able to try an older version like 2.6 or 2.6.1 of iBoot would be great. Anyone know where I can get a copy?

Hey,
Yes I agree that the Retail DVD hangs on 2.6.2 - I'll drop the guys a message tonight and see what can be done. I need to test with the older iBoot CDs I've got

Hybrid said:
notshy said:
TheGregGeek said:

I can check tomorrow

Here's what I have:

• Gigabyte X58A-UD3R revision 2.0, latest BIOS (FE).[/*:m:gdzaiurk]
  • Intel i7 950[/*:m:gdzaiurk]
  • Corsair HX3X12G1600C9 12Gb triple channel kit (only 2 sticks (4Gb) installed currently in slots 1 & 3)[/*:m:gdzaiurk]
  • Gigabyte HD5770 1Gb (R577UD-1GD) graphics card Batmobile version[/*:m:gdzaiurk]
  • OCZ Vertex II 60Gb SSD[/*:m:gdzaiurk]
  • Samsung SH-S223C SATA 22x DVDRW drive[/*:m:gdzaiurk]

At the Chameleon screen type:
Code:
-v PCIRootUID=0

Then hit enter - that should work with iBoot 2.6.2

I tried again with iboot 6.2.2 in my GA-X58A-UD3R+ATI 5770 and still can not get to the install. I tried with -v PCIRootUID=0 and it still gets stuck. All ok if booting from iboot 6.2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back