Intel Core i7 6700K 4x 4.00GHz
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I am considering to get started with Hackintosh.

What it´s needed for

I am a student and working 80% of my time with the adobe cc series. Also doing Webdesign - Web development. Despite of that I am browsing a lot, using the Retina and a AOC I2757F Monitor. But I want to replace that with a Dell u2715h.
I intend to use dualboot with windows 10 and Sierra.
Would it be possible to play steam games? Not really neccessary, butnice to know if I have the option.

This is what i thought to buy
I dont know the differences of the mainboard which were available in the buyers guide.
And for the drives, should I choose 500 gb SS or split it up in 250gb ssd and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda?
Just dont know what option is the best with Windows and Sierra.

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping...2215d82f6778608d9d95215afaddc220cd0d864fc87af

Do I have the best for my build?

I´ve got everything except of the
Fenvi 802.11AC A/B/G/N/AC Bluetooth 4.0 Desktop Wifi Card
Don´t know where to get it in Germany despite of amazon.
Is the price of 90€ normal?

Is a CustoMac Pro the right thing for me?

Right now I am working with my macbookPro late
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
CPU// 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5
RAM// 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphic// Intel Iris 1536 MB

Thanks for your help.

Your components seem fine. I would just recommend that you read a bit about Z270 in the following thread:
[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS | tonymacx86.com

As for the Wifi/Bluetooth card. The prices vary greatly... You might be able to find a better deal on eBay. Search for "BCM94360CD PCI-e card" or "BCM94360CS PCI-e card".

They system you plan on building will be considerably more powerful than your current MacBook Pro. Depending on which games you play, you may benefit from a discrete graphics card though.

Last edited:
Your components seem find. I would just recommend that you read a bit about Z270 in the following thread:
[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS | tonymacx86.com

As for the Wifi/Bluetooth card. The prices vary greatly... You might be able to find a better deal on eBay. Search for "BCM94360CD PCI-e card" or "BCM94360CS PCI-e card".

They system you plan on building will be considerably more powerful than your current MacBook Pro. Depending on which games you play, you may benefit from a discrete graphics card though.

Thanks for your fast reply pastrychef.

What about the ssd, should I split it up in 1 x 250gb ssd and 500gb hdd? Or just 1 x 500gb ssd? If I use 2 x 250gb ssd would it be a benefit for dualboot?

And is this
Intel Core i7 6700K 4x 4.00GHz So.1151 WOF
better for my build since its just 10€ price difference.
And what discrete graphics card do you think of if I would play
I want to use this build for at least 4 years. No upgrades planned.

I alway like having Windows and macOS on separate drives, so I would prefer 2 x 250GB SSD.

i7-6700K is fine. Many, many people use it in their builds.

It really depends on the games you intend to play... Nvidia announced they will be releasing drivers for their 1000-series video cards soon. So it might be wise to wait for that.

I alway like having Windows and macOS on separate drives, so I would prefer 2 x 250GB SSD.

i7-6700K is fine. Many, many people use it in their builds.

It really depends on the games you intend to play... Nvidia announced they will be releasing drivers for their 1000-series video cards soon. So it might be wise to wait for that.

I have the option to take Intel Core i7 6700 4x 3.40GHz So.1151 BOX or Intel Core i7 6700K 4x 4.00GHz So.1151 WOF
I know the difference in GHz, but I am not sure about box and wof, just searched for it and found out WOF version comes without cooler/fan? Do i need that?

So I will wait since the build need no rush. But does soon mean 2 weeks or 1 month?

Yes, 6700K does not include heatsink/fan. You will need to purchase it separately.

I believe Nvidia said later this month.

Do you guys think this is a good option when the drivers
Yes, 6700K does not include heatsink/fan. You will need to purchase it separately.

I believe Nvidia said later this month.
Since the driver is out now I updated the Gpu to 8GB Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce 3X .
The Case and 2 ssd I will buy somewhere else since I found a cheaper store.

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping...221647a4c3c6b74f1e97eeeee5989cbf1ba1a4db4920b

Can someone check my shopping cart if everything is alright like everything is fitting in the Case?
And just noticed the recommended MOBO at the buyers guide shows just z170 versions. But I just found z270, is this still good to use? What about the Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Designare to use?

Thanks everyone for your help, really appreciating the good community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back