Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini Install Guide - GA-H55N-USB3 + GT 240

Status
Not open for further replies.
as long as it has the six pin connector and you are not using whole lot of other hookups from the PSU you should be fine i am using 400 watts power supply with one blu ray drive and 1 ssd + 1 hdd....hope this helps....

thank you for that.... think I will fork out for one.

Another question if anyone can help me.

I followed the install proceedure as suggested by TonyMacx86. The only thing I haven't done is install a graphics card (running off onboard graphics). The Multibeast install 'fails' and then when I attempt to restart, on boot it crashes running ClockX whatever that is. It states no nVidea adapters found. I understand that this is being cause by my lack of GPU. Is there any way to get round this? What do I differ during the multi beast install?

Again, many thanks.

Hi all, This is my 3rd hackintosh build and first using the wonderful Tonymac tools.

I have no optical drive so i am using an iBoot USB stick prepared as per http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/create-chameleon-boot-usb-drive.html

If I run iBoot and use a 10.6.3 retail DVD image restored to HDD with DiskUtility, it reboots immediately after these suspect messages:
no DSDT found, using 0 as uid value
loaded HFS+ file: [extra/smbios.plist]..
patched DHI table.
no DSDT replacement found. leaving ACPI data
starting darwin x86_64

If I use iBoot to start a retail 10.6.7 DVD image restored to HDD with DiskUtility, it loads the installer but does not detect USB or PS2 input so i am stuck at the language select.

any suggestions?

I also tried making a hybrid DVD:10.6.7 retail with /S/L/E/IOUSBFamily.kext and /S/L/E/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext replaced with files from 10.6.3 retail DVD. didn't work, did i need to do something extra with permissions or just copying the files sufficient?

System:
GA-H55N-USB3 (Bios F5)
9800GT
i3-530
2x2gb ddr1333

Thanks,
Tom

EDIT: problem solved, for others experiencing same problem i got around it by buying lion, installing it with kakewalk4 then running multibeast on newly installed system, works like a charm^_^

My motherboard is ASUS P7H55-M LE + MSI NVIDIA8800GTS.
After I install 10.6.8update+multibeast+DSDT, I reboot my computer that it always stop at gray apple screen.
How to I solve this problem?

Hey Tony,
I've been using the CustoMac Mini (basic build as per instructions) for a couple weeks now and i used to only have an issue with it going to sleep and it never coming back so i got an easy fix of just not letting it put itself to sleep. and a few hours ago the power went out here and now that power has come back it wont start at all, it first just loaded as usual but stopped at the blue screen and now i've been trying to start from iboot and from the snow leopard disk and neither will boot, all it will do is load the white screen with the apple logo then a whole bunch of text will run down it and then a window will come up telling me to hold the power button and restart the machine.

It's been a recurring problem with it where it'll come up with this screen and i'll reinstall osx and get it working again then have to reinstall everything else and quite frankly it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth, hopefully you might know of a way to get a fix cause i'm starting to think of (unfortunately) go for a full price machine and selling off these parts :cry:

Thanks

Who all is using bluetooth adapters on their customac mini's?

I tried using the cirago (wiki said it was oob) but it isn't working...

thanks vancity.. ill have to try one of those. If it works does a bluetooth indicator show up on the top right status bar? Can you add a blutooth connection from the networks preference pane?

With my cirago there is no blutooth options in the pane :(

Finally installed OS X on this board. Running 10.7.1 right now. I noticed that upon just moving the wireless usb mouse, it doesn't wake the display when only the display is asleep, I have to press a button on the kb or mouse. It does however wake the computer and the display when the system in sleep mode. This is actually backwards to what I'm accustomed after several Hack builds.

Could this be fixed? Could it be a problem with the mouse itself? hmm

@EnzoFX:
I guess this is not a problem, but a feature :mrgreen:
I'm using Lion on a Macbook Pro and it has the same behavior as you described... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back