Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini Install Guide - GA-H55N-USB3 + GT 240

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just built one of these, but I have a 8800gt for graphics. I would like to know if I upgrade to say a 6850 would I have to do anything different when instaling from the guide?
Also After installing the 64 bit apple boot screen my usb 3g internet would not enable.
Any ideas on this?

Thanks

rankrotten said:
Chaoslava said:
I'm building one with this hardware:

H55N-USB3

i5 750

4GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 RAM

1TB Samsung F3 Hard Drive

SATA Slimline Optical drive (will get the model number later)

ATi 5750 Sapphire Vapor-X edition

Is all of this stuff compatible? Thanks.

Yes that is my system, works fine with Chameleon's ATI bootloader- but remember to add the Ati 5750 device -id to the ATI5000Controller.kext to enable the card. Don't know if the newer bootloaders have this already enabled.

I didn't do that and I'm getting errors, how do I do that?

Thanks. I'm just having to reinstall now.

does this guide only install as 32bit? is it possible to be 64bit? if so how do i go about this/

Antok86 said:
does this guide only install as 32bit? is it possible to be 64bit? if so how do i go about this/
anyone?

tonymacx86 said:
CustoMac Mini Install Guide
GA-H55N-USB3 + GT 240

14.) Once you are happy with all that then it's time to check 64 bit OSX. Re-run MultiBeast and only select:
--> Customization -> Boot Options -> 64-bit Apple Boot Screen
15.) Reboot
in this you enable 64 bit osx,simple!

Hi all

Systems works great but since a few weeks I get randoms Shutdowns, like others on this Site:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813128448

Don't know what exatly the Problem is but looks like a Heat Issue, also change the Power Supply but nothing helps.

Is there another Mini-ITX Board that works good ?

thanks for Help
cheers Mike

Having a little trouble with my install. Did everything according to the guide. After my 10.6.8 update and multibeast install I tried to reboot but was presented with that terrifying panic screen.

Something about 4 args in stack... pagefault 14... I see voodooHD(MI?) listed as well as some com.apple stuff but the restart now box is covering a lot of things up.

I should note that I am using a geforce 210 card instead of 240... the wiki made me think I would be find in doing so.

Oddly enough if I use the -x extension everything seems fine, full resolution and everything.

One last thing that could be screwing things up... I changed my bios settings to what is listed in the generic Iboot-multibeast guide on the homepage. I dont see any mention of doing that in this guide though.

I am using an ssd but in the snow leopard install i didn't see it create a 100mb partition for system use like windows usually does... is that a problem?

p.s.... if this motherboard doesn't have any white gsata ports, why is it being enabled in multibeast in this guide?

Thanks for any advice... don't want to be hitting -x the rest of my life ;)

system specs (4gb ddr3, i3-540, h55n-usb3 rev1 bios f5, vertex ssd, asus geforce 210 silent.

Firstly I would like to say thank you to Tony for this guide. This is a perfect build for a small, compact hacktosh that I believe outshines the MacMini!

I have bought and built the exact same rig (just got to install OSX) bar I got the Sugo SG-06 case and have not yet bought a GPU.

Quick question to anyone regarding graphics card. The SG-06 has a 300W PSU. I am considering getting the HD 5770 card. I have heard some people say you need at least 450W. Will the 300W PSU be able to deal with the load of the HD 5770?

Many thanks!! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back