Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the same setup and Yosemite works for me. The only problem is that I have the hanging grey fuzzy screen again that I had when I installed Mavericks (see page 6 of this thread).

I tried the old fix but it makes the system very slow and jumpy.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Here is my setup:

View attachment 108025

Thanks, Tom

Hello!
My case is very similar to yours, because I had a problem on Mavericks, which I solved adding this to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0C260000</string

Where did I get this trick:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/118091-fuzzy-screen-boot-hd4600-3.html

After install Yosemite, I tried the same but it left the system very slow, with 7MB of VRAM and no kext loaded for graphics.

Until now, nothing solved...

I do not use HDMI Audio. As for Graphics it worked perfectly out of the box. But I have to DVI and the second HDMI port.

If I use the two HDMI port it does not work.

John

Hello!
My case is very similar to yours, because I had a problem on Mavericks, which I solved adding this to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0C260000</string

Where did I get this trick:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/118091-fuzzy-screen-boot-hd4600-3.html

After install Yosemite, I tried the same but it left the system very slow, with 7MB of VRAM and no kext loaded for graphics.

Until now, nothing solved...

Keep me updated on your progress then, I'll do the same.

Have you tried the mac mini systems definition (i went for the latest one)?

Mine boots quicker with that, but is still messed up.

Tom

hey guys

just did a succesful clean install on my
z87n bios f4
i7 4771
gtx670

just wanted to post a couple tricks that got me through:
-had to use -f boot flag
-oddly the unibeast stick would not work in the USB 2.0 ports. got mine working in the USB3 port closest to the ethernet ports

Everything works great so far on the clean install. I'm doing a Mavericks upgrade on another disk right now, will post if any issues.

hope this helps!

edit: upgrade went smoothly except for one hitch: after multibeast install, booting would hang with the "ghostbusters" screen (circle with slash through it). Solution was to boot with -x -f and remove the 3rd party SATA kext. Now it boots and everything seems to be running fine.

Last edited:
i have installed 10.10 on my H87N, everything seems good but can't wake from sleep, any ideas ?i have wake on lan in bios disabled, i also forgot to check desktop hibernate mode in multicast so i ran it again after for that.

i have installed 10.10 on my H87N, everything seems good but can't wake from sleep, any ideas ?i have wake on lan in bios disabled, i also forgot to check desktop hibernate mode in multicast so i ran it again after for that.

Apple users are also reporting that sleep wake is not working in Yosemite:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6605926

Mine does go on to boot after 20 seconds or so.

It works fine then, no other issues.

I've now changed the system definition from mac pro 3.1 to Mac mini. It doesn't fuzz anymore but I'm getting this instead:

View attachment 108149

It then boots on fine. :crazy:

I'm having the same situation with flickers on the login Page and after that, for the first seconds when that fantastic picture of Yosemite comes up. After that, it is running smoothly.

The only drawback so far is if it boots without the -x flag, the boot starts but the progess bar sticks right on the middle.

all best,

Sergio

I'm having the same situation with flickers on the login Page and after that, for the first seconds when that fantastic picture of Yosemite comes up. After that, it is running smoothly.

The only drawback so far is if it boots without the -x flag, the boot starts but the progess bar sticks right on the middle.

all best,

Sergio

There does seem to be people having problems with HD4600 graphics on Yosemite. Hopefully an update to Chimera will be available shortly that will solve the issues.

There does seem to be people having problems with HD4600 graphics on Yosemite. Hopefully an update to Chimera will be available shortly that will solve the issues.

Hi Adrian, I don't think its a specific bootloader issue as I've seen the same picture, using clover on HD4000/4600 posted in the forums, including the Laptop forums. I think its either how a system is configured or the actual display attached being read by OS X, like a last minute resolution change before login from the bootloader to OS X.

Hi Adrian, I don't think its a specific bootloader issue as I've seen the same picture, using clover on HD4000/4600 posted in the forums, including the Laptop forums. I think its either how a system is configured or the actual display attached being read by OS X, like a last minute resolution change before login from the bootloader to OS X.

There is a fix for it in Clover and Chameleon. This issue was happening all through the Developer build versions and the GM build versions as well. It did strike me that it may be related to the display connection type that OS X was reading.

There is a number of people having issues with connections not working with NVIDIA GPUs in Yosemite as well. I think that is probably a bit different to what is happening here, but there may be some common ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back